+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Bloody nonsense .
    No ones booing it because they support racism. They just oppose BLM which wants to defund the police and armed services and thinks all white people are intrinsically bad ( which IS racism).
    I appreciate that these people are probably too thick to understand that , but personally I don’t want to pay to watch them publicising ANY political beliefs. They can do that in their own time.
    Ronnie, this is a direct copy and paste from BLM's description of itself:

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives."

I'm genuinely interested in where your views come from. They don't seem to reflect what the official BLM description of itself is.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Ronnie, this is a direct copy and paste from BLM's description of itself:

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives."

I'm genuinely interested in where your views come from. They don't seem to reflect what the official BLM description of itself is.

It’s a most complicated matter and a most complicated subject AZ.
    Too complicated to address properly here of course, but it’s origins go back a very long way into both American politics and various arms of Marxism. Suffice it to say that I’m quite satisfied that it’s a deeply sinister organisation.
    How it describes itself and indeed how it describes its own history and formation is one thing and no doubt most of those who have been convinced by this are perfectly well intentioned people of good conscience but the truth of the matter is something else altogether in my opinion.

It’s hardly a new thing for deeply unpleasant groups to misrepresent themselves as a force for good and in my opinion,( which of course anyone is quite free to accept or reject), that’s exactly what Blm does.

I won’t bother defending myself against those who attribute this opinion to racism- that’s a standard unintelligent accusation against anyone who questions certain unsupportable dogmas. Fact is though that these people are far from the good guys they’d have you think they are.

First Team

Too complicated to address properly here of course, but it’s origins go back a very long way into both American politics and various arms of Marxism. Suffice it to say that I’m quite satisfied that it’s a deeply sinister organisation.
    How it describes itself and indeed how it describes its own history and formation is one thing and no doubt most of those who have been convinced by this are perfectly well intentioned people of good conscience but the truth of the matter is something else altogether in my opinion.

It’s hardly a new thing for deeply unpleasant groups to misrepresent themselves as a force for good and in my opinion,( which of course anyone is quite free to accept or reject), that’s exactly what Blm does.

I won’t bother defending myself against those who attribute this opinion to racism- that’s a standard unintelligent accusation against anyone who questions certain unsupportable dogmas. Fact is though that these people are far from the good guys they’d have you think they are.
    But where do you get your opinion of BLM from? What are your sources?

It's not a fact, it's your opinion.