+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Re: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Ronnie, this is a direct copy and paste from BLM's description of itself:

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives."

I'm genuinely interested in where your views come from. They don't seem to reflect what the official BLM description of itself is.

It’s a most complicated matter and a most complicated subject AZ.
    Too complicated to address properly here of course, but it’s origins go back a very long way into both American politics and various arms of Marxism. Suffice it to say that I’m quite satisfied that it’s a deeply sinister organisation.
    How it describes itself and indeed how it describes its own history and formation is one thing and no doubt most of those who have been convinced by this are perfectly well intentioned people of good conscience but the truth of the matter is something else altogether in my opinion.

It’s hardly a new thing for deeply unpleasant groups to misrepresent themselves as a force for good and in my opinion,( which of course anyone is quite free to accept or reject), that’s exactly what Blm does.

I won’t bother defending myself against those who attribute this opinion to racism- that’s a standard unintelligent accusation against anyone who questions certain unsupportable dogmas. Fact is though that these people are far from the good guys they’d have you think they are.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Too complicated to address properly here of course, but it’s origins go back a very long way into both American politics and various arms of Marxism. Suffice it to say that I’m quite satisfied that it’s a deeply sinister organisation.
    How it describes itself and indeed how it describes its own history and formation is one thing and no doubt most of those who have been convinced by this are perfectly well intentioned people of good conscience but the truth of the matter is something else altogether in my opinion.

It’s hardly a new thing for deeply unpleasant groups to misrepresent themselves as a force for good and in my opinion,( which of course anyone is quite free to accept or reject), that’s exactly what Blm does.

I won’t bother defending myself against those who attribute this opinion to racism- that’s a standard unintelligent accusation against anyone who questions certain unsupportable dogmas. Fact is though that these people are far from the good guys they’d have you think they are.
    But where do you get your opinion of BLM from? What are your sources?

This not being an essay and what with my not being a student I don’t really do sources.
    If I did then, like Carlsberg , they’d probably be the best sources in the world of course, but you know when you’ve had your finger on the pulse of world events for 60 years or so in one way or another and you’ve been constantly comparing and checking these things with everything from Plato to the Communist Manifesto as you go along then the list of sources would be terribly long even if it were possible to recall them all.

Actually, I’ve sometimes been quoted as a source if that helps.

In short , there comes a point where your cumulative learning and experience melds into an overall set of conclusions, although as I said above , it’s only ever an opinion, so it can be right or wrong or - more likely - somewhere in between.

Bottom line then is that I don’t believe either Blm’s version of itself or the validly of the arguments which are made in its name .

It would be interesting to know what percentage of English People and English fans were horribly racist just to see if a minority is trying to stir up a hornets nest.

I could never see Wales fans giving it to HRK or Ashley Williams.
    Apart from Grangetown Blue...they are both surely held in the highest regard by all Wales fans even though one is a Jack?

It's not a fact, it's your opinion.

Bottom line then is that I don’t believe either Blm’s version of itself or the validly of the arguments which are made in its name .
    Both the England players and Southgate have gone out of their way to state that the kneeling is not in support of Black Lives Matter, but is in fact an anti-racism, pro-inclusivity gesture just meant to draw awareness to the subject.

They've gone out of their way to "soft ball" it for people such as yourself, so you don't get triggered whenever it happens. Yet still you get the urge to scream "thEy'Re mArXiStS!".

This not being an essay and what with my not being a student I don’t really do sources.
    If I did then, like Carlsberg , they’d probably be the best sources in the world of course, but you know when you’ve had your finger on the pulse of world events for 60 years or so in one way or another and you’ve been constantly comparing and checking these things with everything from Plato to the Communist Manifesto as you go along then the list of sources would be terribly long even if it were possible to recall them all.

Actually, I’ve sometimes been quoted as a source if that helps.

In short , there comes a point where your cumulative learning and experience melds into an overall set of conclusions, although as I said above , it’s only ever an opinion, so it can be right or wrong or - more likely - somewhere in between.

Regardless of what you're adamant BLM is:

"A message from the FA to England supporters

Tomorrow, our England senior men's team will begin their EURO 2020 campaign at our home, Wembley Stadium.

Major tournaments don't come around often and when they do, it's an opportunity to unite friends, families and the country. This collective support is what spurs our team on during challenging moments and it gives them the best chance of succeeding.

As the team has reiterated many times, they will collectively take the knee ahead of thier fixtures during the tournament. They are doing this as a mechanism of peacefully protesting against discrimination, injustice, and inequality. This is personally important to the players and the values the team collectively represents.

This gesture of unity and fighting against inequality can be traced back as far as the 18th century. It is not new, and English football has made it very clear that it does not view this as being aligned to a political organisation or ideology. There can be no doubt as to why the players are taking the knee and what it represents in a footballing context.

We encourage those that oppose this action to reflect on the message you are sending to the players you are supporting.

Please respect their wishes and rmeember that we should all be united in the fight to tackle discrimination. Together.

They will do their best for you. Please do your best for them."

The irony is that you obviously don’t know what “Marxism” is, you cannot tell us how BLM is “Marxist”, you won’t provide any sources to verify your claims and you claim an opinion is a “fact”.

Stop with this bloody dog whistle, we are not stupid

No I didnt. I said exactly the opposite and emphasised that what I gave was an opinion which you are perfectly free to disagree with.

Of course you have no idea what I know and don’t know.

I get terribly tired of this thing where asking kids to provide sources when they’re new to higher education is misunderstood as something we must apply to all adult conversations and indeed all future thinking .

It’s actually just a kind of painting by numbers to get you on the ladder for your information, and it’s a pity if you get angry when someone disagrees with you really.

No I didnt. I said exactly the opposite and emphasised that what I gave was an opinion which you are perfectly free to disagree with.

I get terribly tired of this thing where asking kids to provide sources when they’re new to higher education is misunderstood as something we must apply to all adult conversations and indeed all future thinking .

It’s actually just a kind of painting by numbers to get you on the ladder for your information, and it’s a pity if you get angry when someone disagrees with you really.
    please tell me you don't honestly think these Millwall fans who booked the knee at one one of their games are racist ?

They are far right football thugs and they are all over the country

People who don't agree with the gesture just keep quiet , they don't boo and abuse black players doing it

These people are racists

Of course its political .

If it wasn't political , poltical parities would not be talking about it , its the same as the NHS is used for political purposes and message's you can clearly see the dividing lines in American where the Democrats have close association and support to the man BLM groups organisation and funding and sadly this is where it has become blurred .

Racism is awful however some feel that taking the knee provides a platform for that message which it does , however some believe perhaps there are better ways for society and in particular perhaps football should walk the walk and not just send out messages ie ban countries and clubs for competing if racism is seen and not sling out pathetic fines and pretend to want to fight racism //

Where are the real actions and commitments when it comes to football representation in the UK and UEFA ,lets see English black managers , black UEFA delegations , black referees, black coaches , black boardroom member , UK black managers ,lets see black management development in the real organisational platforms of football , taking the knee had a message , not we need real action and stupid debate about a knee ????

What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    please tell me you don't honestly think these Millwall fans who booked the knee at one one of their games are racist ?

They are far right football thugs and they are all over the country

People who don't agree with the gesture just keep quiet , they don't boo and abuse black players doing it

These people are racists
    I think there are a mixture, genuinely racist people, who latch on to the idea that taking the knee is "Marxist" as it's an argument against the knee that has been imported from the American hard right, as they want any way to undermine the protest against racism.

there are also probably some deeply unintelligent people who aren't really racist, but have been persuaded that BLM is "Marxist" despite no evidence for it, they've just been swept along with it. I don't think there will be many of these though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Of course its political .

If it wasn't political , poltical parities would not be talking about it , its the same as the NHS is used for political purposes and message's you can clearly see the dividing lines in American where the Democrats have close association and support to the man BLM groups organisation and funding and sadly this is where it has become blurred .

Racism is awful however some feel that taking the knee provides a platform for that message which it does , however some believe perhaps there are better ways for society and in particular perhaps football should walk the walk and not just send out messages ie ban countries and clubs for competing if racism is seen and not sling out pathetic fines and pretend to want to fight racism //

Where are the real actions and commitments when it comes to football representation in the UK and UEFA ,lets see English black managers , black UEFA delegations , black referees, black coaches , black boardroom member , UK black managers ,lets see black management development in the real organisational platforms of football , taking the knee had a message , not we need real action and stupid debate about a knee ????

As usual a very sensible post.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What does this mean?

Undergraduates are taught to list and reference their sources when constructing an essay. It’s a way of encouraging them to base their arguments and conclusions on something solid and questioning the basis of stuff which is is generally held to be so in society as a whole.

Unfortunately, they frequently take this to mean that no one can pass this stage of a “checklist “ and deal only with solid information through custom and habit.

By the way, they then use it to halt arguments in their steps at every stage by demanding a source or definition for everything. Very child like tactic which would prevent all human progress and invention if applied at all levels.

Undergraduates are taught to list and reference their sources when constructing an essay. It’s a way of encouraging them to base their arguments and conclusions on something solid and questioning the basis of stuff which is is generally held to be so in society as a whole.

Unfortunately, they frequently take this to mean that no one can pass this stage of a “checklist “ and deal only with solid information through custom and habit.
    You know that referencing is normal in academia, don't you?

Are you ****ing kidding me? YOU used the word “fact”. YOU even used the word “Marxist”. And also academics, even professors quote their sources to provide evidence of their claims. Basically to show their arguments are bullshit.

The world does not ****ing revolve around a certain group of people

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think the idiots booing are going to make themselves look like right racists . Which of course is what they are .
    Not all are not racists Sludgey, some of those that boo are against an out and out Marxist organisation! It's pathetic that multi-millionaire footballers take the knee to Marxists, when they would be among the first mutha****as up against the wall, if these dreadful people took over the country. A lot oppose BLM, as this organisation want to defund the police and our armed services and think that all white people are essentially bad

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Affects me in no way whatsoever so if it was to carry on for eternity I'd have no issue with it, I'll be honest though I can't really see what it does.
    It causes conversations like this. Which is exactly its purpose. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Not all are not racists Sludgey, some of those that boo are against an out and out Marxist organisation! It's pathetic that multi-millionaire footballers take the knee to Marxists, when they would be among the first mutha****as up against the wall, if these dreadful people took over the country. A lot oppose BLM, as this organisation want to defund the police and our armed services and think that all white people are essentially bad
    Did you come to the conclusion that it's a Marxist organisation yourself?

People I know but are not friends of mine are often on social media going on about booing the knee . I have known most of these people since school . They were racists then , as their parents were and they are racists now . They try and get into silly debates about it but people who know them know exactly what they are about . People on here say they don't agree with it and think its run its course and most recently I was beginning to think it was time to shelve it . But I can see it coming back stronger now . England get to their first final since 1966 and the talk is not about how well the team did but about racial abuse of black players . Its probably more relevant than ever .

Don't be daft , someone who doesn't agree with the knee keeps quiet during the protest , not openly boo

Or organise counter protests like those tossers did down at Swansea, outside the stadium

Course they are.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Did you come to the conclusion that it's a Marxist organisation yourself?
    There's enough information on there on the web and YouTube! Do your own homework