+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Re: Taking The Knee To Continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    What a load of bollocks this thread is. We don't live in a football stadium, so taking the knee means nothing outside the world of football. People need to wake up and realise disagreeing with taking the knee is not being racist, it means (or certainly can mean) that its meaning has been eroded through continuous use.
    I beg to differ , everybody I encounter knows about taking the knee , mostvagree , some dont and some get foam mouthed

Plenty of people disagreeing with the knee are nailed on racists , they know it , they hate being called racists but only because they know that we know what they think

Feck em

What a load of bollocks this thread is. We don't live in a football stadium, so taking the knee means nothing outside the world of football. People need to wake up and realise disagreeing with taking the knee is not being racist, it means (or certainly can mean) that its meaning has been eroded through continuous use.
    Doesn’t seem much of a reason to boo it mind.

It’s working because this peaceful protest is keeping the scourge of racism in the spotlight, it certainly hasn’t been eroded, if anything these last few days it’s gained considerable strength. The booers are using it as cover to display their true feelings I believe, we're wise to it, it’s they who need to be eroded.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I beg to differ , everybody I encounter knows about taking the knee , mostvagree , some dont and some get foam mouthed

Plenty of people disagreeing with the knee are nailed on racists , they know it , they hate being called racists but only because they know that we know what they think

Feck em
    Well said Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're parroting it, aren't you?

If not, why do you think the footballers are supporting a Marxist organisation?
    Because most of them are thicker than pigshit, to be honest with you. Great as footballers, but not the brightest as people. Yeah, I know I am generalisng here, but a lot of them aren't that bright. Also I am pretty sure not many of them would be politically motivated enough to read and understand that BLM are essentially a Marxist organisation. They are just running with the pack

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Did you come to the conclusion that it's a Marxist organisation yourself?
    Absolutely not. I read a lot and watch a lot of different videos on YouTube from extreme right wing and also left wing (and not from some chavvie keyboard warrior stuck in his mums house hiding behind a laptop), and then form my own options. No one is more left wing than I am, but as for Marxism, Uggg, it is a form of oppression. Oh, and before you accuse me of being fascist, my best mate for over 40 years is black, and whose parents came over on the Windrush. He knows exactly how I feel about an out an out Marxist organisation and footballers taking the knee and basically bowing down to it.

Have you read about Colin Kaepernick?

This neo Marxist nonsense just makes racists feel a bit better.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The problem with 'taking the knee' is that (1) it has been going on for too long
    Maybe taking the knee should go on as long as the slave trade (400 years).

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Absolutely not. I read a lot and watch a lot of different videos on YouTube from extreme right wing and also left wing (and not from some chavvie keyboard warrior stuck in his mums house hiding behind a laptop), and then form my own options. No one is more left wing than I am, but as for Marxism, Uggg, it is a form of oppression. Oh, and before you accuse me of being fascist, my best mate for over 40 years is black, and whose parents came over on the Windrush. He knows exactly how I feel about an out an out Marxist organisation and footballers taking the knee and basically bowing down to it.
    You do know Marxism is just a school of thought, not a political party, economic system or form of governance?

First Team

Because most of them are thicker than pigshit, to be honest with you. Great as footballers, but not the brightest as people. Yeah, I know I am generalisng here, but a lot of them aren't that bright. Also I am pretty sure not many of them would be politically motivated enough to read and understand that BLM are essentially a Marxist organisation. They are just running with the pack
    I once worked on a pig farm. I can assure you pig shit is not thick.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

Yes, isn't Colin Kaepernick, a quarterback who knelt at the start of NFL games in protest of police brutality and racial inequality in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Maybe taking the knee should go on as long as the slave trade (400 years).

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    That's clever and funny. I may pinch that if I may.
    You carry on 👍

Do you know anything about Marxism? Marxism is about class, not race. "Marxism" has become a right-wing buzzword used by people that have no ****ing idea who Marx was or what his philosophy is. Be honest with yourself, did you even know Karl Marx was German?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

As with most things, people will put their own spin on it to help it fit their pov/agenda.
    It doesn't suit some people that people agree with the movement so they just go straight out and attack it, put a bad spin on it etc. Newspapers/social media etc are flooded with one side of the argument until enough people who don't think for themselves just nod and agree.

I've no idea if any of that makes sense, usually doesn't when I come on here drunk, I babble when I'm sober so this is probably just a pile of nonsense I'll read back and wonder why I typed..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Great stuff. Keep it up with the kneeling lads, it's working a treat

Such rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What hidden agenda is that then? It can’t be that they’re Marxists, because people like you are always telling us about that one - it’s hardly hidden.

People like me ?
    Are you following up on Dorcas’ remark?

You’re not a racist , a bad person or unintelligent by any stretch Dorcas. You’d be pressed to offend me since your views would be honest and rational, but you see what you bring out of the woodwork when you mention stuff like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    People like me ?
    Are you following up on Dorcas’ remark?

You’re not a racist , a bad person or unintelligent by any stretch Dorcas. You’d be pressed to offend me since your views would be honest and rational, but you see what you bring out of the woodwork when you mention stuff like that ?
    What a self pitying response to what I said. Do you really think I was referring to your religion? "People like you" can still be used without having the connotations you want to put on it you know and I used it in this case because it fitted with what I wanted to say. I said it because if I'd been asked to predict five people on here who would play the BLM = Marxist card to try to justify their views. I would have been wrong in some cases, but not with you. You would have been in my five all day long.

So, having got your mud slinging attempt to move things off topic out of the way, I ask again, what is the "hidden agenda" you talk about? It cannot be Marxism, given that I never stop reading about that when BLM is discussed among some right wingers - although I note Steve Baker, of all people, can see problems for his party regarding responses to taking the knee;-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...aking-the-knee

Finally, those of you telling the England players they're wrong have not responded to the James O'Brien video posted on here yesterday yet - here it is again just in case you missed it first time.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...g-priti-patel/

An interesting take on it from a Tory MP:
    https://www.politicshome.com/thehous...aking-the-knee

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    An interesting take on it from a Tory MP:
    https://www.politicshome.com/thehous...aking-the-knee
    "But I once played in a rugby team in the Army composed of fourteen Fijians and me."

I wonder why they made him play on the opposition

Such a cliché You do know Marx had some Eurocentric ideas?

It's a bit of a challenge to believe those booing Taking The Knee are expressing their principled misgivings with Marxism given every single foreign anthem was also booed by some England fans, regardless of the social, economic or political philosophy associated with each nation.

Of course, you came to your own opinion after watching extreme right wing YouTube videos. It just so happened to be the same opinion. OK

I guess either hundreds of footballers have been simultaneously hoodwinked by the Marxists because "they're not very bright" or there is a problem with the way black players are treated and they're using a simple gesture to draw attention to it.

We may never know the truth...

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There are valid reasons for disagreeing with an anti-racism message?
    It's a personal choice whether you wish to take a knee. It shouldn't be for Ed upon you because then it's contrived. No inference should be made if you do or don't kneel. Likewise idiots booing those that do need shutting up.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Doesn’t seem much of a reason to boo it mind.
    agreed, that I don't understand