+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley Home - How many fans in?

Barnsley Home - How many fans in?

How many do you lot think we will have in first home game capacity wise?

100% (or as many as we can see, can't see us filling the place obviously) or do the WAG have something up their sleeve?

Re: Barnsley Home - How many fans in?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    How many do you lot think we will have in first home game capacity wise?

100% (or as many as we can see, can't see us filling the place obviously) or do the WAG have something up their sleeve?
    As far as I understand it, as of today outside events have maximum 10k allowed. The WAG to announce more possible changes today, but I doubt if much change for sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    As far as I understand it, as of today outside events have maximum 10k allowed. The WAG to announce more possible changes today, but I doubt if much change for sporting events.
    So English clubs with potentially full capacities while City turn away a big portion of the season ticket holders?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    So English clubs with potentially full capacities while City turn away a big portion of the season ticket holders?
    Thats about it. Think there was just over 2000 at the cricket last week.

We'd find out today if they make any changes, but I'd be surprised. It'll be about 10,000 I imagine (though I seem to remember 13,000 being the figure people were talking about recently)

here we go :

Welsh clubs could be allowed to host capacity crowds for the start of the new football season, the Welsh government has announced.

Most Covid rules in Wales - but not all - will be scrapped from Saturday, 7 August if coronavirus rates allow.

The English Football League season resumes on that weekend.

Some rules will be eased this Saturday allowing for six people to meet indoors and ice rinks to reopen, with social distancing outdoors no longer required.

Most Covid rules set to be lifted in Wales on 7 August
    The Welsh government allowed for crowds of up to 10,000 to be allowed back at sporting stadiums from Monday, 7 June, but those restrictions could be further eased in August.

Cardiff City say the announcement from the Welsh government means they will be able to welcome 8,000 supporters for pre-season friendlies with Southampton on 27 July and Newport County on 31 July.

The Bluebirds say "further updates will follow in the coming days in respect of permitted attendance numbers for competitive EFL fixtures".

The news of restrictions potentially being lifted would also mean the possibility of full houses for Wales' autumn international rugby matches against New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Fiji in October and November.

Saturday's final summer Test against Argentina will again be capped at a maximum of 8,200 supporters to comply with social distancing rules.

The announcement will also mean a limit on capacity for the first three matchdays for Welsh Fire in new cricket competition, The Hundred.

Welsh Fire will play three home matches at Sophia Gardens on 27 July, 31 July and 6 August, with all three match days needing to adhere to social distancing rules.

The Welsh government says if it does move to alert level zero on 7 August, organisations will be responsible for assessing risk themselves.

"We are also publishing plans for a new alert level zero, which will have fewer legal restrictions but which will still need all of us to take steps to protect ourselves," a Welsh government statement said.

"If Wales moves to alert level zero on 7 August, all premises would be able to open and most - but not all - restrictions will be removed and replaced with the ongoing requirement for all organisations and businesses to carry out Covid risk assessments.

"These will determine what reasonable measures are needed to be put in place to keep workers and customers and visitors safe."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/57837422

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We'd find out today if they make any changes, but I'd be surprised. It'll be about 10,000 I imagine (though I seem to remember 13,000 being the figure people were talking about recently)
    Well colour me surprised

Can I stand at the bar again?

Barnsley at home will be full capacity. As from 7th August unlimited numbers allowed to meet both indoors and outdoors. The two frieldlies prior to 7th August the 7th have 8k capacity and covid restrictions in place.

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    here we go :

Welsh clubs could be allowed to host capacity crowds for the start of the new football season, the Welsh government has announced.

Most Covid rules in Wales - but not all - will be scrapped from Saturday, 7 August if coronavirus rates allow.

The English Football League season resumes on that weekend.

Some rules will be eased this Saturday allowing for six people to meet indoors and ice rinks to reopen, with social distancing outdoors no longer required.

Most Covid rules set to be lifted in Wales on 7 August
    The Welsh government allowed for crowds of up to 10,000 to be allowed back at sporting stadiums from Monday, 7 June, but those restrictions could be further eased in August.

Cardiff City say the announcement from the Welsh government means they will be able to welcome 8,000 supporters for pre-season friendlies with Southampton on 27 July and Newport County on 31 July.

The Bluebirds say "further updates will follow in the coming days in respect of permitted attendance numbers for competitive EFL fixtures".

The news of restrictions potentially being lifted would also mean the possibility of full houses for Wales' autumn international rugby matches against New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Fiji in October and November.

Saturday's final summer Test against Argentina will again be capped at a maximum of 8,200 supporters to comply with social distancing rules.

The announcement will also mean a limit on capacity for the first three matchdays for Welsh Fire in new cricket competition, The Hundred.

Welsh Fire will play three home matches at Sophia Gardens on 27 July, 31 July and 6 August, with all three match days needing to adhere to social distancing rules.

The Welsh government says if it does move to alert level zero on 7 August, organisations will be responsible for assessing risk themselves.

"We are also publishing plans for a new alert level zero, which will have fewer legal restrictions but which will still need all of us to take steps to protect ourselves," a Welsh government statement said.

"If Wales moves to alert level zero on 7 August, all premises would be able to open and most - but not all - restrictions will be removed and replaced with the ongoing requirement for all organisations and businesses to carry out Covid risk assessments.

"These will determine what reasonable measures are needed to be put in place to keep workers and customers and visitors safe."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/57837422
    Sorry just read this after posting
    Spedger