+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new signings. What impact on the starting eleven?

Re: The new signings. What impact on the starting eleven?

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I think Giles will start at left wing back. Not sure if Wintle will start as I suspect the midfield might be Pack, Vaulks, Ralls. Kieffer up top is a given, but it'll be interesting to see who plays with/ off him. I'd like to see Collins there but I'm not sure he's that type of player - I think he'll be use as a Kieffer alternative. So, for me that no. 10 position is still one we probably need to bring someone in.
    If midfield is Pack, Vaulks and Ralls we are facing another long and tough season

Giles is an excellent attacking wingback and you have to accept that he will occasionally be caught out too far up the field you just have to make sure that someone can cover for him if he is. It will make for more exciting football. Would rather see us play with a bit of panache next season than boring defensive football.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Lots of different players/ formations to mull over. Have tried to work out in my mind but very confused. Hope MM isn't!
    That’s my problem too.
    Whilst I said for the Barnsley match I should have said to assume everybody fit and available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Giles is an excellent attacking wingback and you have to accept that he will occasionally be caught out too far up the field you just have to make sure that someone can cover for him if he is. It will make for more exciting football. Would rather see us play with a bit of panache next season than boring defensive football.
    Perhaps Wintle who is more of a deeper lying workhorse will provide a platform for Giles to express himself .

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM likes. Defensive wing back so not sure if we will see Giles in that position.
    We had Bennett and Ng until injuries.
    Bagan was hardly defensive. We went with brown because of injuries not through preference.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    How likely are we to get decent money for Morrison? He's 30, unproven at a higher level and probably on big money. I'd be surprised if he went.
    We saw Morrison play at a higher level in 2018/19 and he wasn't good enough.

As we add more and more average players it’s worrying.
    Selling off any more good players would leave little doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We had Bennett and Ng until injuries.
    Bagan was hardly defensive. We went with brown because of injuries not through preference.
    I didn't explain very well, he likes defenders at wing back rather than a Winger.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If midfield is Pack, Vaulks and Ralls we are facing another long and tough season
    Absolutely! As a trio they are piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    When was our last long and tough season?