Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
I totally agree with you on barriers for poorer people but different though with Ravel - he’s had all the best people around him to support him since being at Man Utd. That includes mental and social support. He had more opportunities to take the right paths in life more than Joe blogs on the street and still managed to choose the wrong option time and time again.

It’s clear he has problems but for some strange reason he has an extra level of sympathy just because he’s a footballer.

Gary’s spot on let’s just hope he can enjoy the rest of his life.
The problem is, that if the parenting is non existent and a young person has no role model, or a person to love them back and show an interest, show pride etc, then all of the external care in the world isn't going to help some people. Look at the care system, education etc. Plenty of kids from socially disadvantaged backgrounds fail, because they simply aren't shown enough love and attention, as well as discipline. I was skint growing up. same as plenty on here, but i had great parents. Made a massive difference.