+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racists

First Team

Racists

I watched a bit of Sky News just now and to be fair they gave a reasonable account of the events in England overnight.

Sky interviewed Richard Caborn. He told everyone how proud he was of the laws he'd been involved in creating in 2000 to penalize the loutish behaviour/racism of fans.

What occurred to me is penalizing it isn't really solving the problem. Shouldn't we be trying to find out why people hold the idiotic views and seeking treatment for them? In other words treat the disease.

Re: Racists

Or we could just apply a sense of proportion and let people say what they want, whether it’s offensive or not.
    That’s what we used to do anyway, and to me it seemed to work better.
    See, that’s a great opening post but no one else will comment because they’re all scared of getting in trouble and being accused of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Or we could just apply a sense of proportion and let people say what they want, whether it’s offensive or not.
    See, that’s a great opening post but no one else will comment because they’re all scared of getting in trouble and being accused of racism.
    Like in the US?

Hows it all going over there? Anyone know?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Like in the US?

Hows it all going over there? Anyone know?
    Badly.

People can say what they want.

What ethnicity are you?

Thankfully these racists are in the minority , the booing has been out done by cheers at most events , 65 k in the stadium was only spoilt by a small % twitter has identified and deleted and banned two thousand vile racist twitter posts out of 18.5 million UK users , and we have 30 million plus viewers , and thankfully they are supportive of good behaviours .

My view on this is for football to deliver aggressive punishment and dont consider countries guilt of not taking action and dealing with these vile behaviours , and that includes not allowing counties like Qatar and Russia whose behaviours are not the best as countries not just fans .

But hey the dosh always talks .

PS I recall a lot of Welsh fans having to deal with dreadful abuse in Italian stadiums as police and stewards stood and watched as the Ultras enjoyed themselves .

I sometimes wonder why people view racism in its own bubble. I don't understand angry racists, but then I also don't understand why people would rape women, assault strangers or rob peoples houses. We live in a world that contains lots of antisocial scum. We can't change them, they are what they are. Personally I think all we can do is punish them

People can say and do what they want

But with the right to do that comes a responsibility

For example if Ronnie Bird doesn't like immigration policy as he feels there are too many immigrants in this country thats fine , he's entitled to that view and some would agree with him . He's not breaking the law having that opinion .

But if Ronnie Bird goes to a Cardiff City match and he shouts racist abuse at an opposition player he is of course entitled to do that but if I see him do it I will inform the police and if they see him on camera making racially offensive gestures .....which he has every right to make .......exercising that right will get him arrested and charged and possibly convicted of a public order offence .

So people have a right to say and act in whatever way they want but if they break the law , they might regret what they said or did .

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What ethnicity are you?
    Hes from Merthyr

I'm not sure how this sits but a lot of these people posting stuff on social media. It appears to me they are trolls just trying to get a bite at whatever cost, I genuinely can't imagine that so many people hold these views they are just trying to prompt a reaction in whatever way they can.

Internet is a weird place people can be whoever they want paint any identity for themselves. Everyone should be accountable for what they put on there as if they would be in real life.

I would imagine an awful lot of racism is ignorance and from this believing a specific group is to blame for not getting what the person behaving that they wants whether that's the security of a house and a job or, yesterday, a football result.

Yesterday we saw loud racism but each and every one of those felt it was a legitimate thing to say because of what they've read in the media and heard certain politicians say.

The media they've read and certain politicians they're listening to aren't loud about their racism or ignorant.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hes from Merthyr
    Fair play, that's one of your funnier ones.

Hes from Merthyr

I’m most certainly not.

First Team

I’m most certainly not.
    But you have friends who are, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Certainly not

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    No, again, certainly not.
    I’ve been there but not for a long time and I thought it was an awful place.
    The little “racist “ thing wasn’t missed by the way but as I’ve said before I really don’t go in for proving at length that I’m not a racist in the absence of the tiniest indication that I might be.

Actually I think you’re a nice intelligent chap AZ but for your own sake don’t do this thing of baselessly crying racism every time you hear something you don’t necessarily like. You’re better than that I think.

Incredibly Instagram have said monkey and banana emoji use is not breaking rules, surely they are if there used towards a black person ? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What ethnicity are you?
    Assume he's never lived somewhere where he is the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Assume he's never lived somewhere where he is the minority.
    Probably been in a minority most places I’ve lived since you mention it, but I don’t think that’s ever occurred to me before.

Is race really the most important defining factor of a human being as far as you’re concerned then ?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I would imagine an awful lot of racism is ignorance and from this believing a specific group is to blame for not getting what the person behaving that they wants whether that's the security of a house and a job or, yesterday, a football result.

Yesterday we saw loud racism but each and every one of those felt it was a legitimate thing to say because of what they've read in the media and heard certain politicians say.

The media they've read and certain politicians they're listening to aren't loud about their racism or ignorant.
    How do you know each and every racist felt it was a legitimate thing to say because of the media and some politicians say?

I don't think most of the give two figs about the media and politicians, they say and do these things because they are bigoted idiots.

People can say and do what they want

But with the right to do that comes a responsibility

For example if Ronnie Bird doesn't like immigration policy as he feels there are too many immigrants in this country thats fine , he's entitled to that view and some would agree with him . He's not breaking the law having that opinion .

But if Ronnie Bird goes to a Cardiff City match and he shouts racist abuse at an opposition player he is of course entitled to do that but if I see him do it I will inform the police and if they see him on camera making racially offensive gestures .....which he has every right to make .......exercising that right will get him arrested and charged and possibly convicted of a public order offence .

So people have a right to say and act in whatever way they want but if they break the law , they might regret what they said or did .
    How's that then? How can you be convicted for exercising a right? Surely, if you can be arrested and convicted for doing something then that something is not a right.