+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Ticket Office.

Cardiff City Ticket Office.

Over the past 3 weeks I have had cause to visit my GP, face to face and have urgent dental care. My wife has also visited the opticians. Bearing this in mind is there any danger of the ticket office opening any time soon especially as they would be wearing masks and behind a glass screen.

Re: Cardiff City Ticket Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Over the past 3 weeks I have had cause to visit my GP, face to face and have urgent dental care. My wife has also visited the opticians. Bearing this in mind is there any danger of the ticket office opening any time soon especially as they would be wearing masks and behind a glass screen.
    Like football clubs I suspect the approach varies for GP's as well as the two practices my family are linked to you have more chance of seeing rocking horse shit than getting a face to face appointment with the doctor

To be fair you cant exactly do the dentist online!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    To be fair you cant exactly do the dentist online!

To be fair, if you haven’t got a computer, you can’t buy tickets on line

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    To be fair, if you haven’t got a computer, you can’t buy tickets on line
    Let's be honest plenty of people, even older ones, now have phones that connect to the Internet. Those that don't will have a family member or friend that has access. If you've got no friends the library is free.

Oh, shit, you were trying to have a moan. Sorry.

The ticket office is nothing like a GP, dentist or optician. A bit of a silly comparison really.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Let's be honest plenty of people, even older ones, now have phones that connect to the Internet. Those that don't will have a family member or friend that has access. If you've got no friends the library is free.

Oh, shit, you were trying to have a moan. Sorry.

You do realise that there are people who haven’t renewed yet, because of the club only providing one means of paying/renewing.

As Splott Parker pointed out, fans who visit the ticket office, also pop in the club shop spending money.

Money our club seem to need.

Very poor by the club

You do realise that there are people who haven’t renewed yet, because of the club only providing one means of paying/renewing.

As Splott Parker pointed out, fans who visit the ticket office, also pop in the club shop spending money.

Money our club seem to need.

Very poor by the club
    So not because they can't (because they can, there are multiple ways like I gave examples to) just because they don't want to online, as they'd rather go into the office.

Seems a bit silly to me to be that stubborn.

Must be those OAPs that buy 97.8 percent of the kids shirts. Factual information.

So not because they can't (because they can, there are multiple ways like I gave examples to) just because they don't want to online, as they'd rather go into the office.

Seems a bit silly to me to be that stubborn.

Must be those OAPs that buy 97.8 percent of the kids shirts. Factual information.

You’re obviously not real football fan.

Football fans like to visit their church/Mecca, it’s like a pilgrimage.

Go down the ground, talk to other fans, visit the shop.

The clubs, one eyed approach is wrong

You’re obviously not real football fan.

Football fans like to visit their church/Mecca, it’s like a pilgrimage.

Go down the ground, talk to other fans, visit the shop.

The clubs, one eyed approach is wrong
    Yes, I hate football. Clearly not a fan because I can think of a reason during covid to use the online option, and can understand why the shop may not be open. Not saying I agree with it being closed, but if the many services unavailable at the moment I think not being able to to go an office to get a season ticket probably doesn't register high on any list big disappointments.

Yes, I hate football. Clearly not a fan because I can think of a reason during covid to use the online option, and can understand why the shop may not be open. Not saying I agree with it being closed, but if the many services unavailable at the moment I think not being able to to go an office to get a season ticket probably doesn't register high on any list big disappointments.

So most other businesses are open, but Cardiff City are shut !!!!!

All other businesses have coped

They are short sighted in not paying out wages for the ticket office staff

‘During covid’.....What a load of bollocks, the club is a business, the only business in the retail park area that isn’t open for customers (fans) physically visiting, they’re all open, Asda, Costco, Next, Greggs etc. How do you explain the club shop being only open on a Friday & Saturday, not ‘during covid’ on those days is it. Face facts, the club are too mean to pay the staff, it’s a very poor state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘During covid’.....What a load of bollocks, the club is a business, the only business in the retail park area that isn’t open for customers (fans) physically visiting, they’re all open, Asda, Costco, Next, Greggs etc. How do you explain the club shop being only open on a Friday & Saturday, not ‘during covid’ on those days is it. Face facts, the club are too mean to pay the staff, it’s a very poor state of affairs.
    Here's big brother to save the day

You don't need personnel in a ticket office to sell tickets. You can do it online.

The TIT brought up the club shop. Thread was about ticket office, which again, can sell tickets online.

I thank you, and goodbye.

Can’t blame them not wanting to serve someone going to all those risky places 😂

Come on though put yourself in the clubs shoes I guess the staff are furloughed saving some costs after a horrendous year commercially. They could bring them back and bar a surge in ticket sales short term that and the shop will then burn money until the season kicks off. It’s unlikely they’ll lose many season ticket sales and the shop sales you mention is just delayed revenue to when there’s a point in staffing it

You don't need personnel in a ticket office to sell tickets. You can do it online.

The TIT brought up the club shop. Thread was about ticket office, which again, can sell tickets online.

Parker’s my younger brother

I brought up the club shop because people would spend in there before/after visiting the ticket office

I brought up the club shop because people would spend in there before/after visiting the ticket office
    And what they don't spend now they'll spend when it's open. People who were going to get shirts etc will still buy them. Not sure what's hard to grasp here, club doesn't lose revenue (just gets it when people eventually come back to the shop) and people can still get ST online

Anything else now I've covered it all?

You obviously don’t believe in people having different options or a choice of doing things. Believe it or not some people prefer face to face dealing, paying in cash etc, you obviously don’t and I respect your view. And it’s not just OAPs (as you alluded to), I work with a couple of young lads, brothers aged 23 & 18, they haven’t renewed yet because of the online situation, they want to go down and hand it over the counter. It’s very selfish of you crowing because you’ve got your preferred option and more or less ridiculing those who don’t agree. It wouldn’t affect you one iota if the ticket office and shop was open so why moan?

So most other businesses are open, but Cardiff City are shut !!!!!

All other businesses have coped

They are short sighted in not paying out wages for the ticket office staff
    So you think that the ticket office staff are not working ! I would think that they are working harder than ever, trying to cope with Covid restrictions/regulations and dealing with the thousands of online ticket applications that most people are quite happy to submit.

He doesn’t grasp good business sense Tony, I’m reading Alan Sugar’s autobiography at the moment, I’m still at the start of it where he’s finding his way but implementing sound ideas to make money, he’d be aghast at the barriers Dembe’s putting up.

You obviously don’t believe in people having different options or a choice of doing things. Believe it or not some people prefer face to face dealing, paying in cash etc, you obviously don’t and I respect your view. And it’s not just OAPs (as you alluded to), I work with a couple of young lads, brothers aged 23 & 18, they haven’t renewed yet because of the online situation, they want to go down and hand it over the counter. It’s very selfish of you crowing because you’ve got your preferred option and more or less ridiculing those who don’t agree. It wouldn’t affect you one iota if the ticket office and shop was open so why moan?
    I know some people prefer different things, but as grown ups we learn that those things aren't always available to us.

Choices will be back soon enough, why wouldn't I believe in choices, I want mynl kids to have the option of choices, but even she would understand if I said that for a short period option a isn't available can you try b...

Of course it wouldn't affect me, I'm not the one moaning it's closed, just giving an opinion on why it shouldn't matter as the service is still available.

Its not the same as a vet or doctors being closed is it, like was mentioned in OP. The product is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you think that the ticket office staff are not working ! I would think that they are working harder than ever, trying to cope with Covid restrictions/regulations and dealing with the thousands of online ticket applications that most people are quite happy to submit.
    There are two people working in the ticket office full time and one part timer.

There are normally 10 or 12 in there

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

And how much easier their job would be if they were open. It’s a mystery, if the whole shebang was closed due to covid it’d show consistency but for some reason the club shop is open on Friday and Saturday, are they the days that you can’t catch covid?

Hopefully to conclude. I am an old codger but I do have the internet and a smartphone. I have a query that needs to be sorted before I renew my ticket online. They are not answering the phone and the query has not been resolved via email so that is why I wanted to visit the office. I stand by my decision to compare the medical appointments to the ticket office to highlight the absurdity of the situation. Thank you and goodnight. I doubt it.

I know some people prefer different things, but as grown ups we learn that those things aren't always available to us.

Choices will be back soon enough, why wouldn't I believe in choices, I want mynl kids to have the option of choices, but even she would understand if I said that for a short period option a isn't available can you try b...

Of course it wouldn't affect me, I'm not the one moaning it's closed, just giving an opinion on why it shouldn't matter as the service is still available.

Its not the same as a vet or doctors being closed is it, like was mentioned in OP. The product is still available.

It’s not moaning, it’s called looking after fellow fans

He doesn’t grasp good business sense Tony, I’m reading Alan Sugar’s autobiography at the moment, I’m still at the start of it where he’s finding his way but implementing sound ideas to make money, he’d be aghast at the barriers Dembe’s putting up.

Like I said to your little brother the TIT, the revenue isn't going nowhere, people will spend it when they come back in. Its not like they're going to bite their nose off to spite their face because the shop isn't open now.. They'll just wait a bit and buy the shirt another time.. Think that's in chapter 16