+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Ticket Office.

Re: Cardiff City Ticket Office.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s simple adding and taking away.

13500 season tickets sold last year, minus those that haven’t renewed = the mystical figure

No ones got it “in for you”, it’s just that you are finding it hard to open your other eye to help those supporters that are not as intelligent as you
    Its not though is it. Talk about shunting the goal posts 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Its not though is it. Talk about shunting the goal posts ��

You’ve lost me

It’s NOT WHAT though

How many fans do we reckon we have who have no internet access or noone to help them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How many fans do we reckon we have who have no internet access or noone to help them?

Hard question to answer !

But it’s not 1’s and 2’s .

However many it is, it means that these FANS are not receiving a service

It’s simple adding and taking away.

13500 season tickets sold last year, minus those that haven’t renewed = the mystical figure

No ones got it “in for you”, it’s just that you are finding it hard to open your other eye to help those supporters that are not as intelligent as you
    I don't disagree with your/Steve/TOBW's points about the ticket office but to say that take away those that haven't renewed from last year's 13500 gives you the figure of people who haven't renewed because of the online system is nonsense. There's tons of different reasons why people might not have renewed this year

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't disagree with your/Steve/TOBW's points about the ticket office but to say that take away those that haven't renewed from last year's 13500 gives you the figure of people who haven't renewed because of the online system is nonsense. There's tons of different reasons why people might not have renewed this year

And not being able to contact the club is the biggest one.

All this debate, doesn’t answer the question, “why are the club eliminating/ignoring, a large number of fans

You’ve lost me

It’s NOT WHAT though
    The mystic figure can't ALL have not renewed because the office isn't open and they aren't able to use the internet/don't have the means. You seem to have claimed them as well to bump up your percentage (which would be minute at best)

Hence moving the goal posts.

My eyes are wide open, I can see help out there for anyone that needs it, you seem one eyed on all issues being because a bloody office isn't open 😂

All this debate, doesn’t answer the question, “why are the club eliminating/ignoring, a large number of fans
    You can.

Via email.

You can.

Via email.

Are you actually putting this forward ?

So fans that can’t use the tinternet, send an email !!!!!

Unbelievable Jeff

Are you actually putting this forward ?

So fans that can’t use the tinternet, send an email !!!!!

Unbelievable Jeff
    Via someone that can help them with it, yes.

Already said this above.

Anyway, answer this please.

I don't think, in percentage terms, there are many people who
    1. Don't have Internet access
    2. Can't use the Internet
    3. Have nobody who could help them
    4. Can't make it to a library to use the free service
    5. Have nobody to take them to the library to use the free service.

If those figures are out there (how the **** they would be is anyone's guess but hey ho ill play along)

If anyone has those figures I wanna know why I wasn't partnof the South Wales wide survey, I feel I've missed out.

Or are these figures in the same place you found the "grandparents buy the majority of kids football kits" figures?

I’ll find out tonight what the numbers are and I think they’ll be higher than you are insinuating.

I will also use Bobs wonderful letter to highlight the problem
    I understand there is a SLO meeting tonight so some info should be forthcoming.

However, I was speaking o an 82 year old last night who thought that his credit would just automatically be carried forward to this season and get his season ticket card. I did tell him he need to apply online only before the 28th. So I offered to travel too see him and help him with it. I suspect there may be quite a few in this position.

It baffles me, that if there are staff dealing with season ticket queries etc etc, in the ticket office......that they can't simply walk over to the counter to serve someone...whether that be a season ticket or match tickets or whatever. People would not mind waiting a few mins while they finished off their e-mail query or whatever they were doing

Same with telephone queries, they can be doing other things as well just waiting for the phone to ring

If a business wants to cover all angles to maximise revenue with minimal outlay..........!! ??

I personally have always gone down the ground for my season tickets/match tickets etc.....I love going down the ground, seeing it in the flesh, just having a little look around, going in the club shop, checking out if anything has changed, smelling that CCFC air all around me, chatting to other people doing similar

but what do I know ? I'm just a customer

Via someone that can help them with it, yes.

Already said this above.

Anyway, answer this please.

I don't think, in percentage terms, there are many people who
    1. Don't have Internet access
    2. Can't use the Internet
    3. Have nobody who could help them
    4. Can't make it to a library to use the free service
    5. Have nobody to take them to the library to use the free service.

If those figures are out there (how the **** they would be is anyone's guess but hey ho ill play along)

If anyone has those figures I wanna know why I wasn't partnof the South Wales wide survey, I feel I've missed out.

Or are these figures in the same place you found the "grandparents buy the majority of kids football kits" figures?

You’ve eaten something that’s repeating on you

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    It baffles me, that if there are staff dealing with season ticket queries etc etc, in the ticket office......that they can't simply walk over to the counter to serve someone...whether that be a season ticket or match tickets or whatever. People would not mind waiting a few mins while they finished off their e-mail query or whatever they were doing

Same with telephone queries, they can be doing other things as well just waiting for the phone to ring

If a business wants to cover all angles to maximise revenue with minimal outlay..........!! ??

I personally have always gone down the ground for my season tickets/match tickets etc.....I love going down the ground, seeing it in the flesh, just having a little look around, going in the club shop, checking out if anything has changed, smelling that CCFC air all around me, chatting to other people doing similar

but what do I know ? I'm just a customer

As I stated before, in the ticket office at the moment, are the ticket office manager, her number 2 and ONE part time girl

You’ve eaten something that’s repeating on you
    Think it's called sludgeitis he does it a lot too.

Anyway, how are them percentages looking like, they're on that scrap bit of paper with the grandparents being accountable for all of football sales worldwide info you spouted last week.

Senile.

I don't want to get into a tit for tat here because I agree that the ticket office should help these people out, but you make sweeping statements like this like they're fact and you have no idea if that's true or not.

People across the world have changed their habits completely over the past year and a half, you've got absolutely no proof that not being able to contact the club is the biggest reason for anything, you're just taking your experiences of talking to friends and acquaintances (who are all a similar demographic to you) and assuming that's it's the same across the board and presenting that as a factual statement. Again.

I've always found the ticket buying process for city games vaguely impenetrable for the uninitiated.
    other cities have better visibility of their football clubs as well - upcoming games advertised in buses etc.

I've always thought it's be a good idea to try having a stand in one of the busy shopping centres in Cardiff to sell tickets to passers by. I'm sure there are students or other people who would go along to the odd game.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't want to get into a tit for tat here because I agree that the ticket office should help these people out, but you make sweeping statements like this like they're fact and you have no idea if that's true or not.

People across the world have changed their habits completely over the past year and a half, you've got absolutely no proof that not being able to contact the club is the biggest reason for anything, you're just taking your experiences of talking to friends and acquaintances (who are all a similar demographic to you) and assuming that's it's the same across the board and presenting that as a factual statement. Again.

Fair comment, but what I do know is, that a millions + business is not making it easy for their customers to contact them

That, you must agree with ?

Fair comment, but what I do know is, that a millions + business is not making it easy for their customers to contact them

100%

Have the city ever operated like this? Presuming they haven't, I can't remember them doing this. Maybe they are trialling this internally to see if it is viable going forward and then not needing as many staff thus cost cutting going forward? Presumably if they were to get a number of ST's back from online sales without any interaction between staff and fans that they were happy with, they may just operate like this for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Have the city ever operated like this? Presuming they haven't, I can't remember them doing this. Maybe they are trialling this internally to see if it is viable going forward and then not needing as many staff thus cost cutting going forward? Presumably if they were to get a number of ST's back from online sales without any interaction between staff and fans that they were happy with, they may just operate like this for the future?
    Rearrange the following words for the reply:——

Nail head hit the right on the

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've always found the ticket buying process for city games vaguely impenetrable for the uninitiated.
    other cities have better visibility of their football clubs as well - upcoming games advertised in buses etc.

I've always thought it's be a good idea to try having a stand in one of the busy shopping centres in Cardiff to sell tickets to passers by. I'm sure there are students or other people who would go along to the odd game.
    In the past you could buy match tickets from newsagents around South Wales, I certainly bought my Arsenal (FA Cup ‘69) & Real Madrid ticket from a local newsagent.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In the past you could buy match tickets from newsagents around South Wales, I certainly bought my Arsenal (FA Cup ‘69) & Real Madrid ticket from a local newsagent.
    **** me, that was 52 years ago I really don't believe that a physical outlet would improve sales or make it easier for the large majority who book online. Simple fact is that if the club are doing well, tickets sell and people find a way to purchase them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    **** me, that was 52 years ago I really don't believe that a physical outlet would improve sales or make it easier for the large majority who book online. Simple fact is that if the club are doing well, tickets sell and people find a way to purchase them.
    I know that ya nutter but Rjk was suggesting that outlets in shopping centres could sell to passers by, he also mentioned advertising on buses, this was also done 50 odd years ago on bus windows, regularly replaced as each fixture came up. Ticket office was always open as well, even during the 3 day week

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I know that ya nutter but Rjk was suggesting that outlets in shopping centres could sell to passers by, he also mentioned advertising on buses, this was also done 50 odd years ago on bus windows, regularly replaced as each fixture came up. Ticket office was always open as well, even during the 3 day week
    How many days a week was the ticket office open, during the 3 day week?