+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else having issues with buying preseason tickets?

Anyone else having issues with buying preseason tickets?

Clicking the games and it just takes me around in a circle. Anyone know how to get around it?

Re: Anyone else having issues with buying preseason tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by connersccfc View Post
    Clicking the games and it just takes me around in a circle. Anyone know how to get around it?
    No problem for me. Choose the game, choose how many tickets and in which block. Choose an arrival time then allocate the tickets to people in your group.

I logged on about 9:55 and was put in an hour's queue. I didn't think it opened until 10am but obviously the online queue had already formed a queue. I'm still waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No problem for me. Choose the game, choose how many tickets and in which block. Choose an arrival time then allocate the tickets to people in your group.
    Got the tickets okay just csn seem to get them into my phone on Google pay - clicking the link from the text they sent to download into Google play but keeps saying forbidden and to check the pass editor but can't find that 😂😂

Got the tickets but won't download to PC or phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I logged on about 9:55 and was put in an hour's queue. I didn't think it opened until 10am but obviously the online queue had already formed a queue. I'm still waiting.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Got the tickets okay just csn seem to get them into my phone on Google pay - clicking the link from the text they sent to download into Google play but keeps saying forbidden and to check the pass editor but can't find that 😂😂
    I logged on about 955 and waited to join the queue. Seemed odd that I'd be put in a random place in the queue at 10.00. Guess I got lucky and bought tickets by 10.10.
    I paid to have paper tickets posted, so cant help with electronic tickets sorry.

Why do people get in queues to buy things when it isn't open ? All that does is clog up the system for everyone unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do people get in queues to buy things when it isn't open ? All that does is clog up the system for everyone unnecessarily.
    Surely everyone logging on at 10.00 would clog up the system and more likely cause the site to crash. Having a separate queue alleviates the clog.

Got the tickets okay just csn seem to get them into my phone on Google pay - clicking the link from the text they sent to download into Google play but keeps saying forbidden and to check the pass editor but can't find that ����
    Yes that's what I have too.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes that's what I have too.

Just for the hell of it tried the link again and it went straight to the wallet so is there ready to use??

Just for the hell of it tried the link again and it went straight to the wallet so is there ready to use??
    Another riveting update on tickets went in downloaded my sons ticket and in my Google wallet as well

Not bad for a 56 year old luddite

Season ticket - check
    Friendly tickets - check

Looking forward to getting back in the ground and shouting at complete strangers for 90 plus minutes 😂😂

Managed to order mine on my phone for S’oton game. Not tried to download ticket. Will just print them off when I get home. I got confirmation email so all should be well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Surely everyone logging on at 10.00 would clog up the system and more likely cause the site to crash. Having a separate queue alleviates the clog.
    There is no separate queue - its all the same one. Plus if say 1000 people are all waiting and trying to log on prior to the site going live, as soon as it does go live that means that all 1000 people are trying to get in the queue at exactly the same time. Thats why websites crash - they cant take the volume. If everyone waited until after the specified time, the attempts would be staggered enough to not cause crashing.

There is no separate queue - its all the same one. Plus if say 1000 people are all waiting and trying to log on prior to the site going live, as soon as it does go live that means that all 1000 people are trying to get in the queue at exactly the same time. Thats why websites crash - they cant take the volume. If everyone waited until after the specified time, the attempts would be staggered enough to not cause crashing.
    The queue was open to join before 10am. They just started sales at 10:00 am. It's like the old days when people used to queue outside shops for hours before the doors open on the first day of sales. They just want to be first in.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The queue was open to join before 10am. They just started sales at 10:00 am. It's like the old days when people used to queue outside shops for hours before the doors open on the first day of sales. They just want to be first in.
    I was placed in a virtual waiting room on the queue-it website. At 10 oclock people in the virtual queue were filtered onto the club website at such a pace so it didn't crash. Without it, the ticket site probably would have crashed.
    It works very well.