+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

  1. #1

    Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    If you fly from to and from an English airport to an Amber destination whose rules are applied England's or Wales , if you look on WAG site its not very clear ?

    I note TUI has a £20 PCR test however Wales doesn't allow the TUI you have to pay £179 for the departure and arrival one .

    I was trying to work out how Welsh folk would be managed if flying to and from say Bristol ?

    And If you fly to an amber country do you take a test there as well ,could you be stuck or have to isolated say in Menorca ?

  2. #2

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Its a good question and a conundrum that people may not realise when they book flights.

    It's very unclear but the way I see it is if you have had both jabs (the last at least two weeks prior to departure) you do not have to test.
    You do though have to book two tests for when you get back, one taken on the second day after returning and one on the eighth day. These I believe are up to 200 quid!
    You also have to take the "quick test" before you leave Menorca (or any amber country) two days before departure and test negative.

    I believe if you tested positive, you would have to isolate (or quarantine) for ten days which could be expensive.

    You have to ask yourself, "is it feckin worth all the hassle?"

  3. #3

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    I flew from Gatwick to Bordeaux a few weeks ago - had to get a Lateral Flow Test less than 48 hours before departure- did this at the airport - result by email within 30 minutes cost £50. My issue is that as I live in France they are introducing a 'health pass' required to go to restaurants etc.

    Now this gets interesting.....I had my first vaccination in England....the second in Wales.....and surprise...(NOT)....the two systems are not joined up.....so Wales say I have only had one (then why give me a second), England say the same....
    NHS app/whatever cannot provide because I am not registered to a GP in UK and do not have a UK address - they will only post to an address registered with a GP. The little card issued showing both vaccinations is not accepted.

    Have been going around circles with NHS Wales/ Heath and Vale Health etc etc....

  4. #4

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Flying out of the UK the rules of the airline and your destination will apply.

    Returning home the rules of Wales and the airline apply if you live in Wales.

  5. #5

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    It's all a load of ****

    Drakeford has said don't go on holiday and will make it difficult for Welsh people to do so even though it's irrelevant as if you're positive you can't come back anyway!

  6. #6

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    isnt it all a little pointless when People from anywhere in the UK can holiday anywhere else in the UK, so someone from manchester can easily enough come and stay in a holiday cottage down west Wales, eat and drink in any of the pubs

  7. #7

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    isnt it all a little pointless when People from anywhere in the UK can holiday anywhere else in the UK, so someone from manchester can easily enough come and stay in a holiday cottage down west Wales, eat and drink in any of the pubs
    Not really, as there is a third country involved in the process.

  8. #8

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    isnt it all a little pointless when People from anywhere in the UK can holiday anywhere else in the UK, so someone from manchester can easily enough come and stay in a holiday cottage down west Wales, eat and drink in any of the pubs
    If you can find somewhere, perhaps.

    Even if you can get somewhere, the feckers have hiked the prices right up.
    Some will be trying recoup some of their lost revenue during the barren last 18 months, others just taking advantage of people's desperation to have a break.

  9. #9

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Thanks all, I've have learned that once you take a test , NHS Wales is notified that its not the test that is their preferred dearer option so the TUI £20 offer is nullified .

    I know the WAG message is a good one ie holiday in Wales , however there if very little availability for families and I know a lot of families that simply cannot pay the crazy prices to obtain a holiday .

    So much for vaccination Wales

  10. #10

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thanks all, I've have learned that once you take a test , NHS Wales is notified that its not the test that is their preferred dearer option so the TUI £20 offer is nullified .

    I know the WAG message is a good one ie holiday in Wales , however there if very little availability for families and I know a lot of families that simply cannot pay the crazy prices to obtain a holiday .

    So much for vaccination Wales
    Or you can “stay in England” upon your return?

    And if you have to return for whatever reason - The fines for not doing so look like they’re £30 per person over 18 if you’re paying within 30 days according to the SWP website

  11. #11

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If you fly from to and from an English airport to an Amber destination whose rules are applied England's or Wales , if you look on WAG site its not very clear ?

    I note TUI has a £20 PCR test however Wales doesn't allow the TUI you have to pay £179 for the departure and arrival one .

    I was trying to work out how Welsh folk would be managed if flying to and from say Bristol ?

    And If you fly to an amber country do you take a test there as well ,could you be stuck or have to isolated say in Menorca ?


    No there are lots of Welsh people living in England, and the Welsh “senate” or whatever it’s called has no power whatsoever over them.
    I think I used to be Welsh myself actually now you mention it, but I must say I’ve never had my origins questioned on a matter like that.

    I doubt anyone at the airport would make any distinction. Actually if I happened to fly into Wales and they told me to obey some local by law I’d ignore it entirely.

  12. #12

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If you can find somewhere, perhaps.

    Even if you can get somewhere, the feckers have hiked the prices right up.
    Some will be trying recoup some of their lost revenue during the barren last 18 months, others just taking advantage of people's desperation to have a break.
    Won't they all have had a barren 18 months?

  13. #13

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Won't they all have had a barren 18 months?
    How about those who have just got their businesses for a song from the poor so and so's who mortgaged up to the hilt and went under?

  14. #14

    Re: Question : Foreign Travel Rules From English Airport For Welsh Residents

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    How about those who have just got their businesses for a song from the poor so and so's who mortgaged up to the hilt and went under?
    I didn't understand a word of that sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •