+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Wilson.

Get Wilson.

Yes I know they’re tightening the belt but with the strange collection of very average players we’ve been signing we need at least one more good player to back up our remaining handful of quality players.
    £10M is a lot of money but it’d make the difference between some possibly of promotion and a retreat into heroic mediocrity.

They’ve saved a lot and they probably could afford this one extravagance because it’d make financial sense in the medium to long term.

Re: Get Wilson.

[QUOTE=RonnieBird;5206480]Yes I know they’re tightening the belt but with the strange collection of very average players we’ve been signing we need at least one more good player to back up our remaining handful of quality players.
    £10M is a lot of money but it’d make the difference between some possibly of promotion and a retreat into heroic mediocrity.

They’ve saved a lot and they probably could afford this one extravagance because it’d make financial sense in the medium to long term.[/QUOTE

We havent got 10p let alone 10m.

we have 35 million less to play with than we did last season, we won't be spending 10 million on anyone.

Wilson will probably go to Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yes I know they’re tightening the belt but with the strange collection of very average players we’ve been signing we need at least one more good player to back up our remaining handful of quality players.

They’ve saved a lot and they probably could afford this one extravagance because it’d make financial sense in the medium to long term.
    How much have you seen of our four new players then?

I'd probably agree if he was someone to really increase the chances of promotion but I'm not sure he is that player, as good as he no doubt is at this level.

I don't think we'll be challenging for promotion for a few years

It's going to be heroic mediocrity, I'm afraid. Anything more will be a huge bonus next season

Transfer embargo for a start.

Wilson's wages would be out of reach let alone the £10m transfer fee. Liverpool contributed last season probably. And he's not that good anyway.

I don't think we should be spending 10m on anyone. Will any championship clubs be spending big?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Transfer embargo for a start.
    There is no transfer embargo. Check the EFL embargo site. It was all a damp squib.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How much have you seen of our four new players then?

How much do you need to see.
    Collins is a decent player at this level but the rest have no pedigree. Of course , one of them could be the next Ronaldo since everyone has got to start somewhere, but no reason to expect much from any of them .

International

[QUOTE=Hilts;5206482][QUOTE=RonnieBird;5206480]Yes I know they’re tightening the belt but with the strange collection of very average players we’ve been signing we need at least one more good player to back up our remaining handful of quality players.

They’ve saved a lot and they probably could afford this one extravagance because it’d make financial sense in the medium to long term.[/QUOTE

We havent got 10p let alone 10m.[/QUOTE

What's your sauce (sic) for your financial insight

If we're going to spend that much (hypothetically) then I'd want to spend it on a better player than Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If we're going to spend that much (hypothetically) then I'd want to spend it on a better player than Wilson
    Darren Carter is a free agent now. Should we get Carter?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Wilson is a quality player at this level, easily worth that much, which is why they won't be short of offers.

with him I'd say we have a chance of getting into the playoffs, without him very little chance.
    that differential isn't worth 10m we don't have though.

I'd love to see him back here, but we shouldn't be spending that kind of money

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    But you know what happened to him at the end. BANG!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But you know what happened to him at the end. BANG!!
    It was the ring-necked parakeet what done it.

He's only 37. Three year deal on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's only 37. Three year deal on the cards.

Young player of the year 2024!

Great film.... the original that is

Re the OP meh..

If we had £10m to spend I'd be devastated if we spent it all on Wilson.

£10m could pick up a handful of good quality young players, why would you blow it on one who even if he did help get us promoted has shown nothing at the top level.

Give me a squad of youth any day.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5206561][QUOTE=Hilts;5206482]

We havent got 10p let alone 10m.[/QUOTE

What's your sauce (sic) for your financial insight
    Our accounts and debt.

How much do you need to see.
    Collins is a decent player at this level but the rest have no pedigree. Of course , one of them could be the next Ronaldo since everyone has got to start somewhere, but no reason to expect much from any of them .
    I’m heartened by the type of signings we’ve made. That doesn’t mean they’ll all succeed, but I’m pretty confident Collins will be a Berger signing than Madine, hopeful that Wintle turns out to be a better buy than, say, Pack or Bacuna, McGuiness does better than Flint and Giles contributes more than Ojo. None of the non loanees I’ve mentioned as comparisons has a great deal of resale value, whereas we made a six figure profit on Etheridge and I dare say we would on Nelson if we sold him.

Well all the players you give a negative comparison are decent standard but the replacements are unknown quantities.