+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meeting of the Supporters Liaison Group on Thursday evening 15 July.

Meeting of the Supporters Liaison Group on Thursday evening 15 July.

Apologies, I meant to put this on here first thing this morning -this message was just sent out to Trust members.

"The Trust attended a meeting of the Supporters Liaison Group on Thursday evening 15 July. The main topic of the meeting was the return of fans to the stadium. At the moment two pre season friendlies were planned at CCS. No away fans are to be allowed at these games and sales of tickets to home fans would be online only to supporters on the club database on a first come first served basis up to a maximum of 8,000. These games are to be compliant with current social distancing rules. However, the aspiration is that, in time for the first home league of the season on 7 August against Barnsley, the rules will have changed sufficiently for normal attendance at home games to take place thus obviating the need for the ballots that the club were proposing.

The club circulated a draft of a Supporters Code of Conduct that fans would need to comply with. The document concentrated on behaviours expected of fans in the context of Covid. We will circulate a copy of the document when it has been finalised.

The problems surrounding the sale of season tickets were discussed. The club stated that they had a backlog of approximately 500 emails which they were getting through with a reduced number of staff. They regretted the fact that the phone lines were not open but stated that not having to take phone calls meant that they could deal with the email backlog more effectively and expected to deal with all the issues before the expiry of any deadlines.

The club also stated that, in future, the smoking of e cigarettes and vaping would be banned in the confines of the stadium bringing them in line with clubs elsewhere.

These are the main headlines of the meeting and the club will produce formal minutes of the meeting which we will circulate when available.

Keith Morgan

Chair"

Re: Meeting of the Supporters Liaison Group on Thursday evening 15 July.

Keith, just to add that the club are looking at fans to hopefully book blocks of 6 tickets for the friendlies, to maximize space, thus getting more into the stadium.

The problem is they have so many emails because the phone lines are not open. I'd bet they could solve so many queries in one quick call than they could going back and forth with emails.

Id bet a quick call they could solve the query, purchase the ticket and he done rather than email back and forth and then the person still having to try and get it online.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The problem is they have so many emails because the phone lines are not open. I'd bet they could solve so many queries in one quick call than they could going back and forth with emails.

Id bet a quick call they could solve the query, purchase the ticket and he done rather than email back and forth and then the person still having to try and get it online.

It was also explained that it is a staffing problem as well, as most of the staff have been trained up and are working in the "Test Centre", in the car park of CCS.

I'm their biggest critic, but after listening to the reasons, I understand why they are not opening phone lines.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I agree with your interpretation, but I understand it.

They know, that once the phone lines are open, they (the phone lines), will go ballistic.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU !!!!!

No vaping - Good move!

Update from Vince at the Supporters Club.

Main points from the SLO meeting last night down the club

1. No more E cigarette smoking to be allowed inside the stadium or the bowl, E cigarette to be used in the designated smoking areas of the stadium only outside of the bowl.

2. Abuse on social media to be added to the fans charter

3. Southampton and Newport will have home supporters only allowed and tickets go on sale Tuesday 20th of July 10.00am online only first come basis. There will be no Covid testing required however fans will have to follow the club code of conduct. Supporters will also be asked to arrive at the ground at staggered times which you can choose your slot when purchasing your tickets.

4. The Newport and Southampton fixtures are both subject to the latest Welsh government restrictions level 1 which allow social distancing of 1.5mt when supporters are sat down hence a capacity restriction of just over 8,000; 1mt social distance would have enabled 11,500 capacity which has been the guidance in England for months.

5. To maximise the capacity the club have asked if we can purchase in groups of 6 which will be sold in a random fashion generated by the computer to maximise capacity. You will not be able to choose your season ticket seat. Anyone can buy a ticket and you can also purchase tickets for your bubble, however everyone attending will have to be on the club data base. You will be given a choice of a e ticket to your phone, or a paper ticket posted to your address.

6. Barnsley and future home games currently will be restriction free regards capacity if Welsh government bring the covid level to Zero as promised on 7th August, however if restrictions are put in place by Welsh government which enforces the club not to be able to satisfy spaces for all its season ticket holders, home games will be done through a ballot system. Those who are successful in a ballot will be given the option to go to the game and if they attend will then go t the back of the queue for the next game, as was in place for many clubs in England during the end of last season.

7. Away fixtures: the club are waiting for the EFL to make an announcement once restrictions end in England on Monday 19th July.

8. The stadium museum project is progressing well on level 3 of the Ninian Stand and the club will be hopeful of it opening in the coming months once complete

9. Peter Whittingham tribute; The club are looking to hold tributes for the first home fixture against Barnsley for Peter Whittingham with also Aston Villa being approached to take part in a game in the future for him. It was also discussed naming a stand after Peter Whittingham which we will canvass our members for their views and the wider fan base views to assess if there is a desire amongst fans for it. We will work with other fans groups to see what level of support there is for the idea and then put the proposal to the club, with some of the Supporters club and the Trust members already expressing their support for the idea to our respective committees.

10. Safe standing: new legislation is coming into football allowing safe standing in the premier league, and Championship. Clubs will need to install certified seating systems that allow people to stand safe. For the time being things will be the same where the club risk assess each game and allow standing in the Canton stand only.

11. Season ticket sales are going well in the first two weeks and are ahead of last season at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Update from Vince at the Supporters Club.

Main points from the SLO meeting last night down the club

1. No more E cigarette smoking to be allowed inside the stadium or the bowl, E cigarette to be used in the designated smoking areas of the stadium only outside of the bowl.

2. Abuse on social media to be added to the fans charter

3. Southampton and Newport will have home supporters only allowed and tickets go on sale Tuesday 20th of July 10.00am online only first come basis. There will be no Covid testing required however fans will have to follow the club code of conduct. Supporters will also be asked to arrive at the ground at staggered times which you can choose your slot when purchasing your tickets.

4. The Newport and Southampton fixtures are both subject to the latest Welsh government restrictions level 1 which allow social distancing of 1.5mt when supporters are sat down hence a capacity restriction of just over 8,000; 1mt social distance would have enabled 11,500 capacity which has been the guidance in England for months.

5. To maximise the capacity the club have asked if we can purchase in groups of 6 which will be sold in a random fashion generated by the computer to maximise capacity. You will not be able to choose your season ticket seat. Anyone can buy a ticket and you can also purchase tickets for your bubble, however everyone attending will have to be on the club data base. You will be given a choice of a e ticket to your phone, or a paper ticket posted to your address.

6. Barnsley and future home games currently will be restriction free regards capacity if Welsh government bring the covid level to Zero as promised on 7th August, however if restrictions are put in place by Welsh government which enforces the club not to be able to satisfy spaces for all its season ticket holders, home games will be done through a ballot system. Those who are successful in a ballot will be given the option to go to the game and if they attend will then go t the back of the queue for the next game, as was in place for many clubs in England during the end of last season.

7. Away fixtures: the club are waiting for the EFL to make an announcement once restrictions end in England on Monday 19th July.

8. The stadium museum project is progressing well on level 3 of the Ninian Stand and the club will be hopeful of it opening in the coming months once complete

9. Peter Whittingham tribute; The club are looking to hold tributes for the first home fixture against Barnsley for Peter Whittingham with also Aston Villa being approached to take part in a game in the future for him. It was also discussed naming a stand after Peter Whittingham which we will canvass our members for their views and the wider fan base views to assess if there is a desire amongst fans for it. We will work with other fans groups to see what level of support there is for the idea and then put the proposal to the club, with some of the Supporters club and the Trust members already expressing their support for the idea to our respective committees.

10. Safe standing: new legislation is coming into football allowing safe standing in the premier league, and Championship. Clubs will need to install certified seating systems that allow people to stand safe. For the time being things will be the same where the club risk assess each game and allow standing in the Canton stand only.

11. Season ticket sales are going well in the first two weeks and are AHEAD of last season at the same time

I must have missed this bit , all I remember is, we were not to discuss sales numbers

I think it would be a fitting tribute to name a stand after Whitts.

Welsh government haven't promised to go to level 0 by that date in August. As ever, it's the plan if things continue to go in a positive direction but if things turn for worse it would no longer be the plan and can be delayed - confirmation will come closer to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Welsh government haven't promised to go to level 0 by that date in August. As ever, it's the plan if things continue to go in a positive direction but if things turn for worse it would no longer be the plan and can be delayed - confirmation will come closer to the time.
    The potential difficulty I see is that whilst the restrictions maybe lifted on the 7th they may not - the 7th is our first game so how does the club accommodate this - if they don't do a ballot anticipating a lifting of restrictions and they aren't lifted they may get little or no time to do one as these announcements traditionally happy near to or the day before the change

Or do the club do a ballot and then if restrictions are lifted then it is open to all - not sure how practical that is either?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Given the caution of the Welsh Government over the past year and a half, I’d be very surprised if the whole ground will be open when we play Barnsley if the daily number of new cases keeps on rising at the same rate as it has been doing in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given the caution of the Welsh Government over the past year and a half, I’d be very surprised if the whole ground will be open when we play Barnsley if the daily number of new cases keeps on rising at the same rate as it has been doing in recent weeks.
    You appear to be ignoring that hospitalisations are rising much more slowly and Covid deaths are at a very low level. Also, Wales vaccination rates are the highest in the UK and by August 7th it is likely that over 85% of the adult population will be double jabbed. Therefore it appears much more likely than not that, if not at full capacity, the capacity level will rise quite considerably and at level 0 the attendance limits would be removed altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The potential difficulty I see is that whilst the restrictions maybe lifted on the 7th they may not - the 7th is our first game so how does the club accommodate this - if they don't do a ballot anticipating a lifting of restrictions and they aren't lifted they may get little or no time to do one as these announcements traditionally happy near to or the day before the change

Or do the club do a ballot and then if restrictions are lifted then it is open to all - not sure how practical that is either?
    We will know at least the week before what is happening on August 7th.

Pity the meeting didn't discuss ejecting the guys with drums or is it drum?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to be ignoring that hospitalisations are rising much more slowly and Covid deaths are at a very low level. Also, Wales vaccination rates are the highest in the UK and by August 7th it is likely that over 85% of the adult population will be double jabbed. Therefore it appears much more likely than not that, if not at full capacity, the capacity level will rise quite considerably and at level 0 the attendance limits would be removed altogether.
    Wales seems to be doing well compared with England. However, listening to the many experts that seem to have come out of the woodwork in this pandemic, it seems the COVID figures will rise exponentially meaning that by the start of the season governments might well impose further restrictions including attendance at sports and music events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wales seems to be doing well compared with England. However, listening to the many experts that seem to have come out of the woodwork in this pandemic, it seems the COVID figures will rise exponentially meaning that by the start of the season governments might well impose further restrictions including attendance at sports and music events.
    They are predicting possible large rises in cases but not in hospitalisations or deaths. Once over 75% of the adult population is double vaccinated, together with the numbers of younger people who have had the disease, this will mean herd immunity level is approaching. I wouldn’t rule out Drakeford doing anything but he will find it hard to justify continuing, in those circumstances. We have to start living with Covid at some point.

How silly of me . So, why are the other three nations besides England taking a more cautious line when it comes to”freedom day” and why are Englandwatering down their proposals when it comes to things like masks?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How silly of me . So, why are the other three nations besides England taking a more cautious line when it comes to”freedom day” and why are Englandwatering down their proposals when it comes to things like masks?
    Thats not what you said. Crowds might well have to wear masks at games and there may be attendance limits of some level but not as low as currently. I was countering your opinion on attendances. You don't appear to like your opinions being disagreed with.

I didn't mean this to turn into a covid-politics thread.

I was only pointing out that Vince at the Supporters Club's minutes at that point were inaccurate for whatever reason.

I also partially think it's inaccurate to describe English grounds as going on a policy of 1m because I thought it was "1m plus" with mask wearing making up the "plus" for most locations, though this has been enforced as much as "no standing" was in The Canton Stand.

Family Stand is good for naming after Whittingham and I like the idea of a museum.

Thats not what you said. Crowds might well have to wear masks at games and there may be attendance limits of some level but not as low as currently. I was countering your opinion on attendances. You don't appear to like your opinions being disagreed with.
    It’s not my opinion, or yours, that’s relevant for the purposes of this thread and, anyway, what I’m saying is about what the Welsh Government will decide not what I think should happen - past experience suggests they’ll be cautious.

They are predicting possible large rises in cases but not in hospitalisations or deaths. .
    I don't think that is correct. Between 6 July 2021 and 12 July 2021, 4,141 went into hospital with coronavirus. This shows an increase of 43.4% compared to the previous 7 days.

Between 10 July 2021 and 16 July 2021, there have been 277 deaths within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test. This shows an increase of 57.4% compared to the previous 7 days.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/easy_read

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    No vaping - Good move!
    Oh no, I will miss the guy who blends 1/3 Apple Pie, 1/3 Cinnamon & 1/3 Mocha Coffee to make a divine smelling Vape just like Mom used to make

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    No vaping - Good move!