+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CARDIFF CITY v CAMBRIDGE UTD. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v CAMBRIDGE UTD. Match thread 17/7/21.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    How does Zimba look - I've heard quite a few people saying he's a real gem.
    I thought he looked lively when he came on against Bath so was looking forward to seeing him more today. Scored a great header that was by no means a gimme. Many would have missed that. Has looked composed in some of the build up play. Taking his time and choosing the right pass. But overall mostly quiet since his goal. Most of the attacking play has come down the other side via Giles. I would love to see Zimba as one of the youngsters more involved with the senior squad going forward though. There's something there for sure.

Wintle's got a great engine. And he can actually pass.

1-1, a lot better than the first match, but there wasn't a great deal to get excited about in the second half.

1-1 FT.

A mixed bag. Excited by the new signings and can't wait to see what our strongest XI looks like against someone better than Cambridge. I also hope these youngsters aren't forgotten about once the season starts.

Dont understand how anyone can judge a team or players performance and be critical of anyone or anything, as a result of two 60 minute friendlies in 30 degree heat with mixed teams comprising untried youngsters and experienced pro’s. It was a training exercise to get fit, pure and simple. Good job it was played behind closed doors really, otherwise the urge to boo players off might have been too much to resist for some.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont understand how anyone can judge a team or players performance and be critical of anyone or anything, as a result of two 60 minute friendlies in 30 degree heat with mixed teams comprising untried youngsters and experienced pro’s. It was a training exercise to get fit, pure and simple. Good job it was played behind closed doors really, otherwise the urge to boo players off might have been too much to resist for some.
    Did you watch the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Ralls - Wintle - Giles looking like they've played together for years.

Pack and Vaulks looked like they just met today.
    That's encouraging 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In that case we'd better not take the positive opinions too seriously then.

#tryhard

Re: CARDIFF CITY v CAMBRIDGE UTD. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Is everyone's video bad, buffering all the time or is it just mine?
    Perhaps the Internet can't keep up with our quick interchangeable style

MM has said "We're not going to get any new faces in, to be honest with you. I can't see that happening."

Think he's bluffing?

Didn't stream game , family duties, great to read the posts this headline below is from awful WOL. however I trust in CCMB views however I hope this is an accurate headline

""Ryan Giles and Lee Tomlin stand out as Cardiff City play out two 60-minute games with Cambridge United""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Didn't stream game , family duties, great to read the posts this headline below is from awful WOL. however I trust in CCMB views however I hope this is an accurate headline

""Ryan Giles and Lee Tomlin stand out as Cardiff City play out two 60-minute games with Cambridge United""
    Not that you can read much into today's games but...

Out of the youngsters I thought Zimba and Bakere were the pick of the bunch. Bagan, Denham, Connolly and McGuinness all did well enough without catching the eye.

Didn't really see much from Bowen, Davies or Harris, the latter worked hard but the team is set up for a target man and he certainly is not one. I must say it was confusing what formation Mick has playing at certain times as Harris seemed to be out wide quite a bit.

Giles and Wintle did very well. I imagine Giles will play in a more advanced position due to our lack of strength there. He has great pace, control and put in a number of excellent crosses. Wintle looks so much better than our other defensive midfield players. He can pick a pass and retains the ball. Played well with Ralls.

Tomlin was involved in all of our good moves going forward but not sharp at all. Had one lovely curling effort just above the bar.

On a negative front... Vaulks and Pack look sooooo slow and laboured. And I'm sorry but Brown also struggled with possession and passing.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Out of the youngsters I thought Zimba and Bakere were the pick of the bunch. Bagan, Denham, Connolly and McGuinness all did well enough without catching the eye.

Didn't really see much from Bowen, Davies or Harris, the latter worked hard but the team is set up for a target man and he certainly is not one. I must say it was confusing what formation Mick has playing at certain times as Harris seemed to be out wide quite a bit.

Giles and Wintle did very well. I imagine Giles will play in a more advanced position due to our lack of strength there. He has great pace, control and put in a number of excellent crosses. Wintle looks so much better than our other defensive midfield players. He can pick a pass and retains the ball. Played well with Ralls.

Tomlin was involved in all of our good moves going forward but not sharp at all. Had one lovely curling effort just above the bar.

On a negative front... Vaulks and Pack look sooooo slow and laboured. And I'm sorry but Brown also struggled with possession and passing.
    I though Davies was impressive, Bakare less so than he was against Bath (which is to be expected really)

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Good read that. Don't apologise for an honest opinion 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I thought he looked ok to be honest. The only threat once again. Pack and Vaulks offered absolutely nothing. Wintle's done more in 20 mins than they had in 60.
    Pack and Vaulks to be in the starting line up for the first game of the season it is then.