+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Peter Whittingham Stand

The Peter Whittingham Stand

Class from the club to open consultation with the fans in renaming a stand after him. I’d like to see a statue outside whichever stand they rename too.

Yes they’ve got many things be wrong in the past, but I do feel Ken Choo and Tan are men of integrity and will do the right thing on this.

On a side note I find it incredibly sad that the original thread that included this news has slipped down the page and only had a handful of replies. Seems people are more interested in pontificating over social issues and politics on this forum than Cardiff City football club these days.

International

Re: The Peter Whittingham Stand

I'd be amazed if there is anyone who calls him/herself a support of City that would not agree with this.

Would absolutely love to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Class from the club to open consultation with the fans in renaming a stand after him. I’d like to see a statue outside whichever stand they rename too.

Yes they’ve got many things be wrong in the past, but I do feel Ken Choo and Tan are men of integrity and will do the right thing on this.

On a side note I find it incredibly sad that the original thread that included this news has slipped down the page and only had a handful of replies. Seems people are more interested in pontificating over social issues and politics on this forum than Cardiff City football club these days.
    Politics should have it's section and you You forgot the silly amount of crap music threads

The reason it slipped down the list is that it was a positive story - a big percentage of people on here appear to be on a mission to slag off every single thing the club do or individual posters having a beef with each other.

As for the question I can't imagine the poll would be long to see that the majority of posters would want this and yes agree would like to see a statue outside

Maybe if the club don't someone should start a crowd fund for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The reason it slipped down the list is that it was a positive story - a big percentage of people on here appear to be on a mission to slag off every single thing the club do or individual posters having a beef with each other.

As for the question I can't imagine the poll would be long to see that the majority of posters would want this and yes agree would like to see a statue outside

Maybe if the club don't someone should start a crowd fund for it.

people are only happy when they are moaning

** said the guy moaning about people only being happy when they are moaning

I think it’s an excellent idea, and a fitting tribute to arguably City’s most important player of the last 20 years or so.

Which stand would we be looking to rename? Not the Ninian, as it’s an important link to our history. I’d also argue that the Grange End and Canton stands should remain, so that leaves the Grandstand.

most important player ? i would word it like this

our best player to put on a city shirt the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Politics should have it's section and you You forgot the silly amount of crap music threads
    And an RIP of some obscure old person usually twice a week.

Yep, fair enough. Our best player.

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    I think it’s an excellent idea, and a fitting tribute to arguably City’s most important player of the last 20 years or so.

Which stand would we be looking to rename? Not the Ninian, as it’s an important link to our history. I’d also argue that the Grange End and Canton stands should remain, so that leaves the Grandstand.
    It’s the family stand they are looking at

That would be fantastic.
    Agree with the statue as well.

Good, I agree with the suggestion of a statue as well. I think the family stand would be ideal to be renamed

I would go one step further and say he is the first name down on the clubs all time 11.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    U

It’s the family stand they are looking at
    Thanks. Hopefully the choice of stand will be open to discussion

Thanks. Hopefully the choice of stand will be open to discussion

Don’t think so, it’s the family stand they are looking at

Do any clubs have a statue and a stand named after one person?

Whittingham:

- 7th in all time appearances
    (- 6th in all time league appearances)
    - 9th in all time top goal-scorers
    (- 3rd in all time league goal-scorers)

However, it's not quite enough to change name of Grandstand, the Ninian already has a name which leaves Canton and Grange-end/Family Stand. I'd prefer a statue if they're looking at any stand other than Family Stand.

Before you become too praiseworthy of the Club remember that the original proposal came from the Trust, it was not the club’s idea, and it has been with the club for a few months now. At the Supporters Liaison meeting on Thursday evening it was not on the original agenda published by the club but brought up by the Trust who asked for an update on it. In terms of renaming the Family Stand after Whitts they do not appear to have progressed it which, i suspect, is not the fault of the 2 Club Officials who took the meeting. They need to get on with it.

Family Stand

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Whittingham:

However, it's not quite enough to change name of Grandstand, the Ninian already has a name which leaves Canton and Grange-end/Family Stand. I'd prefer a statue if they're looking at any stand other than Family Stand.
    I think that a statue would be a more fitting tribute to Whittingham, although i wont complain if it's a stand. Fans may have to dig into their pockets though, if a statue was to be built.

If the Family Stand is renamed I hope it means the end of it being sponsored.
    Hasn't it been the Peter's Pies Family Stand and the University of South Wales Family Stand in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that a statue would be a more fitting tribute to Whittingham, although i wont complain if it's a stand. Fans may have to dig into their pockets though, if a statue was to be built.
    Much like you, I’m not too bothered about whether it’s a statue or a stand, but the former should have a degree of permanence to it that the latter, perhaps, does not.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Whittingham:

In modern times he’s number 1 on both categories. He was also a midfielder, to be number 3 in all time league scorers is utterly insane. And that’s before we get into the quality of goals he scored.

If I had my way we would name the stadium after him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If the Family Stand is renamed I hope it means the end of it being sponsored.
    Hasn't it been the Peter's Pies Family Stand and the University of South Wales Family Stand in the past?
    Isn't the Canton the USW stand?

Couldn't agree more 👏