Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
Yes they have been mediocre compared to a few clubs but we are never going to compete with those clubs. That doesnt mean we can't have our own history and achievements, it's not comparing our success to others.

I look at the players we have had and when were in PL, Whittingham if had more opportunity could have performed at a much higher level.

It's about loyalty, I'm certain he could have chased money by moving around to bigger clubs.

He has a ridiculous amount of goals, assists and appearances when the club was arguably in the brightest part of its history in living memory.

The guy was a legend and was already the greatest before tragedy stuck. I think a statue or family stand would be a good idea as would always keep his memory fresh for the youngsters who didn't get to see him, especially given he was a young man with a young family
Spot on. Its not like we are demanding a stand at Wembley named after him!!! Hes a huge part of our modern history, was a top class human being according to those who knew him and there is no-one I can think of in the 30 years ive been watching Cardiff who deserves more to be celebrated with a statue or a stand named after him.

So what if he was "just a championship player" we are just a championship club.