+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morikawa wins The Open

Morikawa wins The Open

First player to win two majors on debut.

This guy is going to have some career.

Re: Morikawa wins The Open

Have to say don't know much about him, where did Tony Jacklin finish.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have to say don't know much about him, where did Tony Jacklin finish.
    Level with Arnold Palmer.

Morikawa's only played 8 majors and won two of them.

Maybe it was the lack of a worthwhile European challenge over the first three days, but I just couldn’t get into it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe it was the lack of a worthwhile European challenge over the first three days, but I just couldn’t get into it this year.
    I agree.

Morikawa is a bore and will continue to be so. Nice chap no doubt. But tedious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I agree.

Morikawa is a bore and will continue to be so. Nice chap no doubt. But tedious to watch.
    interesting. All golfers are pretty much the same to my eye, i only understand two sports, boxing and football. Out of interest, what makes a boring golfer and an entertaining golfer. I'd be interested to know

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    interesting. All golfers are pretty much the same to my eye, i only understand two sports, boxing and football. Out of interest, what makes a boring golfer and an entertaining golfer. I'd be interested to know
    A boring golfer never makes a mistake and never gives anything away. No facial expressions, just a grind onwards. Faldo hates being called boring now, but he was one.

I am a very entertaining golfer, if you want a laugh, but nobody would want to watch me.

I think Spieth is becoming likeable, McIlroy is likeable, Justin Thomas is a complete bore.

Just my opinion!

A boring golfer never makes a mistake and never gives anything away. No facial expressions, just a grind onwards. Faldo hates being called boring now, but he was one.

I am a very entertaining golfer, if you want a laugh, but nobody would want to watch me.

I think Spieth is becoming likeable, McIlroy is likeable, Justin Thomas is a complete bore.

Just my opinion!

Cheers. So, that sort of slow play, expressionless etc. I remember Ronnie o sullivan slagging off Peter Ebdon for boring the pants off everyone.

I've not watched a single second, more down to me leaving sky and being out with my family enjoying the weather.

I love golf but not a tradionalist like most who love Links golf as it is in its purest form. For me I much prefer immaculate settings, I want to see birdies not the best in the world being pulled down, the game is far to hard already.

Was nice to see the Americans performing well as I hate the stuffy ones saying let's see how they cope on proper golf courses.

Id like to see the majors moved around the world more. Masters has to stay but the rest should have 1 in America, 1 in Europe and 1 in a different continent each year.

I agree.

Genuine question from a non golf watching person (I had to pad it or people will think I'm being nasty again)

What does a non boring golf player play like that makes them better to watch? Aren't they all just swinging their clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Uh oh.

Boring golfers lay up in that scene from Tin Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I've not watched a single second, more down to me leaving sky and being out with my family enjoying the weather.

I love golf but not a tradionalist like most who love Links golf as it is in its purest form. For me I much prefer immaculate settings, I want to see birdies not the best in the world being pulled down, the game is far to hard already.

Was nice to see the Americans performing well as I hate the stuffy ones saying let's see how they cope on proper golf courses.

Id like to see the majors moved around the world more. Masters has to stay but the rest should have 1 in America, 1 in Europe and 1 in a different continent each year.
    the reality is though, if they were to add a 5th major then it would probably be in America as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Boring golfers lay up in that scene from Tin Cup.
    Quite liked that film as it goes.

I agree.

And now boringly rich 😄