+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Extreme weather warning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Extreme weather warning

It was hotter in 1976.

.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_British_Isles_heat_wave#:~:text=In%20the%20Ce ntral%20England%20Temperature,C%20(61.34%20%C2%B0F ).

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It was hotter in 1976.

So global warming must be over if we're getting cooler

Global warming was dropped as a term because those wishing to deny the very real science suggested it meant everywhere getting hotter.

As far as I can tell, in the UK it means hotter and drier summers and wetter winters - weather becoming more extreme.

Not going to say a hot week in July is due to climate change but we're heading for this sort of uncomfortable weather (and worse) far more often be that in summer or winter. The UK's response is about 10-15 years behind where it should be and we're a good 10-15 years ahead of some nations.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Global warming was dropped as a term because those wishing to deny the very real science suggested it meant everywhere getting hotter.

As far as I can tell, in the UK it means hotter and drier summers and wetter winters - weather becoming more extreme.

Not going to say a hot week in July is due to climate change but we're heading for this sort of uncomfortable weather (and worse) far more often be that in summer or winter. The UK's response is about 10-15 years behind where it should be and we're a good 10-15 years ahead of some nations.
    True. Climate Change are the key words now.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It was hotter in 1976.

Not only hotter but the hot dry weather lasted weeks, not just days. I know because a rode a motor bike to work every day through that summer and never needed to put on waterproofs for what seemed like weeks on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Not only hotter but the hot dry weather lasted weeks, not just days. I know because a rode a motor bike to work every day through that summer and never needed to put on waterproofs for what seemed like weeks on end.
    I can remember the day it finally rained. It was a Saturday afternoon and I was in High Street in Barry.