+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: FOREST GREEN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: FOREST GREEN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Am I right to understand Pack has played every pre-season game so far as a CM?

One can over-analyse friendlies of course but Pack at CB (as he was last two competitive games) should allow us more control of the ball and being a new position you'd have thought he'd be given as much experience as possible there.

We're unlikely to get promoted unless we're more comfortable on the ball, Mick appeared to have found something that improves us and now appears to have backed away from it. Any theories as to why?

I guess an experienced head might be helping Wintle settle in as quickly as possible and allowing McGuinness and Brown game time together both would aid us in 2022-2023 when, if we play our cards right, we've got a much better chance of promotion challenge.
    I can't remember much about the end of last season so he may have played well but other than being ok on the ball I can't think of many reasons why Pack would be selected at cb.

Surely we have far better options there.

It all comes down to movement for me, our cbs are capable of playing decent short passes to feet if there is movement ahead of them and if they are of course encouraged to do so. Not saying we will be playing it out like the best but these are championship players who should be capable of a simple pass... If the option is available.

Re: FT: FOREST GREEN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It's been a frustration for me as well. I dont expect our centre backs to be as good on the ball as Beckenbauer, but after doing the good bit of winning the ball, so often it is kicked or headed aimlessly,when there was plenty of time to pick a pass.
    It doesn't look as if Pack will be a CB this season, but I hope MM can coach just a tiny bit of football into our defenders.