+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool stripped

Liverpool stripped

Re: Liverpool stripped

Saw this on BBC breakfast this morning
    The Liverpool councillor they interviewed wanted the decision deferred until next year
    London’s was deferred then reinstated apparently
    The council wants a meeting in Liverpool to discuss the city’s plans but no meeting was forthcoming
    Seems a shame when a quango can make decisions thousands of miles from here affecting ordinary people
    Liverpool is a great city 👍

I hear Newport want to replace them ?

Why always them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The Liverpool councillor they interviewed wanted the decision deferred until next year
    The council wants a meeting in Liverpool to discuss the city’s plans but no meeting was forthcoming
    Seems a shame when a quango can make decisions thousands of miles from here affecting ordinary people
    Liverpool is a great city ��
    As a worldwide organisation maybe the distance gives them a more global overview........

Maybe

Everton's stadium build part of the fault, feel Liverpool footy fans upset .

Pity there Isn't other historic ports in the UK .

Boris will save Liverpool supported by a campaign by the Sun newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Liverpool is a great city 👍
    How does it affect anyone?

Tourism for one

I can understand the thinking that over-development has spoilt a pretty original Victorian dock front, but last time I was there (ten years ago), it was already fast disappearing. But to be honest, I thought that the whole Beatles/Merseybeat thing was half of of the Heritage, and that's all still there.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    How does it affect anyone?
    Grants. Free publicity.

we went to the netball world cup 2 years ago in Liverpool, I must admit they have managed to keep the docks building intact, alot were restaurants and bars, but the buildings were still as they were

nice enough shopping street, then up the top near the station were alot of bars, i walked up to the local shop right by the station at about 10pm to grab some snacks and drinks, felt a little edgy at times, purchased a packet of chunky kitkats and a big bottle of pop for some homeless girl i had walked past on the way up ( she must have only been 16 ) and i thought that would be a nice gesture, as i walked past, she was getting a shed load of abuse of a group of blokes, told them to leave it and gave her the chocolate and pop, she was well happy, made my weekend