+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racism allegation - The Athletic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Racism allegation - The Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    ****ing hell this club is becoming dodgy…

First their reaction to My City, My Shirt, then this! And to a kid as well!
    So you are automatically assuming that its all true then. Funny that - I got the totally opposite view from reading the OP, where it appears to me the club acted quickly and properly at the time the incident took place. Assuming that the story actually happened as described of course. It wouldn't be the first time that a media outlet had concocted a story to make its own headlines. There appear to be people with agendas against the club involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you are automatically assuming that its all true then. Funny that - I got the totally opposite view from reading the OP, where it appears to me the club acted quickly and properly at the time the incident took place. Assuming that the story actually happened as described of course. It wouldn't be the first time that a media outlet had concocted a story to make its own headlines. There appear to be people with agendas against the club involved here.
    Knowing how stupid teenagers can be, I still find this hard to believe. Young players are all creeds and cultures these days, a few white boys giving out some grief on a bus with 4 adults in it too? The club should be embracing the cultures of south Cardiff on its doorstep but it seems like it rarely does……

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Knowing how stupid teenagers can be, I still find this hard to believe. Young players are all creeds and cultures these days, a few white boys giving out some grief on a bus with 4 adults in it too? The club should be embracing the cultures of south Cardiff on its doorstep but it seems like it rarely does……
    When my son was 9 a few kids in his class kept telling him to go and wash his black off. This was a pretty good school which had a decent ethnic mix of students.

As it transpired, you will NOT be surprised, the kids involved were just picking up this kind of stuff from their parents. Whom, let me say, I had words with.

The school dealt with it really well.

The point is that sometimes, even in an environment which has all creeds and colours, you will get some racist little shits who are really just invoking the prejudices of their parents. I imagine some of the kids at the City academy will be the same.... coming from some home environments that normalise this kind of racist behaviour.

The issue here is HOW the club did or didn't react to the situation.

If as claimed, the staff ignored the racist abuse and forced the lad to clean up the bananas that were smeared into his stuff, then that is appalling and the club have been negligent in their duty of care to the children in the academy.

Of course what the club should have done:

1) called in the parent of the victim and informed them of the incidents
    2) with the parents the club should have informed the police
    3) the police should have cautioned the children involved and informed their families
    4) the club should have provided the victim with support from the youth counsellor and informed his parents
    5) the club should have kicked out the perpetrators out of the academy
    6) the police and or the club should have informed the perpetrators school of the incident and ensure that the school need to address issues of racism in their school programmes
    7) held meetings with the rest of the academy kids and academy kids parents and informed them what had happened and that this behaviour is wholly unacceptable and that

Honestly though if the club DIDN'T do this then they need to strengthen their code of conduct and systems at the club. But also embedding a culture of non bullying. I do this for a living and would be happy to help them out, because it seems the club haven't got it right at all.

But let's wait and see what the investigation finds.