Now 1-5 to be Swanseas new manager.

Re: John Eustace

Not Howe then lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not Howe then lol
    Not nowe.

John Eustace sounds like a pub landlord in Margate.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    John Eustace sounds like a pub landlord in Margate.
    I'm sure he'll turn out to be a decent choice.

My friends son played for him at Kidderminster, he said he was the best & most progressive coach he’s worked with, which is high praise when he’s also played for a Championship side as well.

Good, steady player and you have to admit that the jacks have a knack of getting their managerial appointments right, notwithstanding some of the names appearing in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My friends son played for him at Kidderminster, he said he was the best & most progressive coach he’s worked with, which is high praise when he’s also played for a Championship side as well.
    If this is a prevailing opinion in football then at least it shows Swansea have someone asking around. I wonder if Dalman and Choo have heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If this is a prevailing opinion in football then at least it shows Swansea have someone asking around. I wonder if Dalman and Choo have heard of him.
    He was interviewed last time but they chose Cooper. Apparently he was recently a candidate for the Doncaster job.

Paul Trollope was a good coach apparently.

Who knows how good a manager Eustace will be.?

Spine of Swanseas team could be about to be completely ripped apart if Grimes moves to Fulham.

Ayew Grimes Guehi and Woodman all gone. The 1st 3 probably their best 3 players.

Their support is toxic. He needs to start winning quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Not nowe.

If we appointed some bloke most people had ever heard of, who had no managerial experience in the Championship and had been looking at jobs in League One and below, there would be a furore amongst fans generally but particularly on this board. Swansea do it and apparently it is ‘progressive thinking’. All this crap about how good they are at choosing managers is sickening as well. They have had 21 managers in the last 20 years (12 in the last ten years as well), yes that's right more managers than the number of years. Thats a really stable well run club isn't it !! They have also ‘sold off the family jewels’ on a number of occasions in that time and are currently in the process of doing it again. They have nearly gone bankrupt, went into liquidation owing millions to creditors and yet miraculously still continued. Well run - you must be joking, they are a shambles of a club.

It was always going to be someone fairly cheap who was looking to continue their return to a more progressive style. To an extent, I don't think it matters who as they'll be midtable at best this year even if this appointment goes well.

It does allow us the opportunity to be the side who develops the best Welsh talent but we're still waiting to see how that goes. We probably don't have enough money to do it either having largely wasted any boost to budget premier league season got us.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If we appointed some bloke most people had ever heard of, who had no managerial experience in the Championship and had been looking at jobs in League One and below, there would be a furore amongst fans generally but particularly on this board. Swansea do it and apparently it is ‘progressive thinking’. All this crap about how good they are at choosing managers is sickening as well. They have had 21 managers in the last 20 years (12 in the last ten years as well), yes that's right more managers than the number of years. Thats a really stable well run club isn't it !! They have also ‘sold off the family jewels’ on a number of occasions in that time and are currently in the process of doing it again. They have nearly gone bankrupt, went into liquidation owing millions to creditors and yet miraculously still continued. Well run - you must be joking, they are a shambles of a club.
    How many of our managers of recent times have gone on to bigger things after us, and how many of Swansea's managers have?

For us - 0 (Dave Jones had the opportunity to join West Brom at one point I think)

For them - Martinez, Sousa (eventually), Rodgers, Potter and probably soon Cooper.
    Yes they've had plenty of others who have made sideways or backwards moves after leaving but it's certainly a better track record than we have.

The question i suppose is - are thy better at picking a manager, or has their club been a better environment for letting their managers succeed?
    I.e. if martinez or potter had joined Cardiff would they have been as successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How many of our managers of recent times have gone on to bigger things after us, and how many of Swansea's managers have?

For us - 0 (Dave Jones had the opportunity to join West Brom at one point I think)

For them - Martinez, Sousa (eventually), Rodgers, Potter and probably soon Cooper.
    Yes they've had plenty of others who have made sideways or backwards moves after leaving but it's certainly a better track record than we have.

The question i suppose is - are thy better at picking a manager, or has their club been a better environment for letting their managers succeed?
    I.e. if martinez or potter had joined Cardiff would they have been as successful?
    I ll think youll find one of ours manages one of the biggest clubs in the world. Some will argue the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I ll think youll find one of ours manages one of the biggest clubs in the world. Some will argue the biggest.
    You know what - I'd completely forgotten about him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Give me their managers over ours in most circumstances.

Now 1-5 to be Swanseas new manager.
    Neil Harris in!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

What the managers do after they leave a club is irrelevant. We are talking about the state the club are in and how they are run. During their 7 years in the Premier League they would have earned over £700m in extra revenue - wheres the evidence of this, where has the money gone ? They were an established Premier League club at that point with a massive financial advantage over the rest of the Championship. Why didn't they go straight back up in 2019 ? Why are they continually selling off their best players ? Why do they still play in a council owned stadium and why haven’t they improved/enlarged it all all since it was built ? Also if Cooper is such a good manager, why didn't they go straight back up ? They are a basket case of a club with owners who are continually asset stripping and lining their own pockets, thats why.

But are , as far as we know , and according to their experts on the messageboards, not in debt. Unlike us. It must be difficult knowing that their owners will never invest in the club though....poor devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Give me their managers over ours in most circumstances.
    Thats an idiotic comment. Have you seen the list of their managers in the last 20 years ? Even if you look at more recently, what exactly did Potter and Cooper achieve - Potter jumped ship after a year at the first offer that came in from a lower Premier League club. Neither got Swansea promoted in spite of the vast sums of money the club earned in the Premier League. Cooper coached his side to be a bunch of moaning, screaming divers who also kick lumps out of opposing players.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    But are , as far as we know , and according to their experts on the messageboards, not in debt. Unlike us. It must be difficult knowing that their owners will never invest in the club though....poor devils.
    There is a long list of creditors, from when they went into liquidation, who might disagree with that assessment. Our debt is to our owner and we have assets like the ownership of the stadium/land to offset.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...o-qpr-21140579

Eustace to follow Cooper and reject Swansea?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...o-qpr-21140579

Eustace to follow Cooper and reject Swansea?
    Oh dear!

So it's Alan Tate or Cameron Toshack. Fantastic!

Oh dear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57942276

John Eustace has turned down the chance to become Swansea City's new manager.