+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madrid to join premier League

Madrid to join premier League

well probably not
    but this might be the next route to a super League

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/statu...188929026?s=19

Re: Madrid to join premier League

At the moment the only chance clubs outside the Super League clubs have is several years back to back of slowly building and hoping bigger clubs fail over several years with successive bad transfer activity - unlikely to happen again now Barca have done a Ridsale Leeds.

The only real alternative is getting bought by a state who wants to spend billions improving their reputation to distract from their internal human rights abuse.

Brexit has stopped another story like Brentford happening.

International fans are on their way to having a greater influence over a club than local support ("legacy fans") via fan tokens while not supporting their local clubs.

The existing leagues lost control - or pushed for it to make their brand stronger - and now we're probably heading to a Super League of some sort whether we like it or not.

I guess I'm the only one who actually clicked on that Twitter link.

There's only one team outside of England that should be in the Premier League...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who actually clicked on that Twitter link.

No, you aren’t alone,

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    There's only one team outside of England that should be in the Premier League...
    Celtic?

Johnny Madrid?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the moment the only chance clubs outside the Super League clubs have is several years back to back of slowly building and hoping bigger clubs fail over several years with successive bad transfer activity - unlikely to happen again now Barca have done a Ridsale Leeds.

The only real alternative is getting bought by a state who wants to spend billions improving their reputation to distract from their internal human rights abuse.

Brexit has stopped another story like Brentford happening.

International fans are on their way to having a greater influence over a club than local support ("legacy fans") via fan tokens while not supporting their local clubs.

The existing leagues lost control - or pushed for it to make their brand stronger - and now we're probably heading to a Super League of some sort whether we like it or not.
    Please can I have a translation of this. Was it written late at night or under the influence of something ? What happened to Brentford as well ? Also, did you miss what happened over the Super League attempt a couple on months ago ? No one in their right minds would attempt that again. Barcelona and Real Madrid are in so much debt that it is highly unlikely they can keep it going much longer, even if they did join a Super League. Both their presidents are living in cloud cuckoo land.