Re: Neil Warnock's fanny pack

I saw that, that's something for her to treasure

efficiency over style. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Pre loaded with signed pics. The man comes prepared
    Neil’s up with the kids, back in fashion are the fanny packs.

He has a good heart

My view is more cynical. I think he is a very shrewd PR operator.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Neil’s up with the kids, back in fashion are the fanny packs.
    The phrase is 'down with the kids. Get with the times, grandad!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The phrase is 'down with the kids. Get with the times, grandad!
    Perhaps he's baby sitting the grandchildren who are having trouble sleeping in the heat

He’s class

My sister moved to Cornwall, about 15 miles from Plymouth. Warnock was manager and opened a school fete in the village . He was handing out photos and badges , gave one to my nephew who was 5 and was told I don't like that , I support Cardiff City !

Have some of that

But the blokes a star , I love warnock

I have had a number of stories shared about how he would engage with fans over and above the normal PR requirements , I do think he is a genuine fan of fans and likes to chat and spend time with them , he wouldn't brush you off with a quick hello or appear not to have time for you, real football man ,one of the best in my humble view .

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    My view is more cynical. I think he is a very shrewd PR operator.
    A separate ‘cynical’ view would be that you have an agenda against Warnock. He gave a young kid a signed photo for gods sake and she was over the moon about it and it obviously made her day. Who cares what you think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A separate ‘cynical’ view would be that you have an agenda against Warnock. He gave a young kid a signed photo for gods sake and she was over the moon about it and it obviously made her day. Who cares what you think anyway.
    I was making a general comment. It’s unusual for you to object to someone praising Warnock

There's no need for that,

I know he's a bit shit for £4 Mill but let's keep it civil

'Fanny pack'?

I wasn't a fan of 'Bum bag', but 'Fanny pack'?

Americanisms gone mad!

As the philosopher Judd Painter often said: 'T'int right, T'int fair, T'int proper!'

Nice one from Warnock though.

There's a pack of fannies round my house

I doubt not many even with the salary could deliver what he has in his remarkable career , you don't have to like him or his tactics but you do have to give him recognition for his success and admire his continued zest for football .

72 now still punching his weight ,annoying folk , he must love the sport.

He signed some good lads and poor ones

I must confess liking that promotional year, we were a bit low as a club he picked us up, got the crowd singing , went around small venues around the valleys talking to people , selling the club , yes its was a bit blood and thunder , more determination than skill at times lashings of loads of good old anger and strength and intimidation , he though did lift the club from the doldrums and remarkably up into the Premiership and nearly survived, where better teams tried and failed to go up .

PS Dealing with the Sala incident must have been tough on top of an almost impossible tasks of staying up .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I doubt not many even with the salary could deliver what he has in his remarkable career , you don't have to like him or his tactics but you do have to give him recognition for his success and admire his continued zest for football .

72 now still punching his weight ,annoying folk , he must love the sport.

He signed some good lads and poor ones

I must confess liking that promotional year, we were a bit low as a club he picked us up, got the crowd singing , went around small venues around the valleys talking to people , selling the club , yes its was a bit blood and thunder , more determination than skill at times lashings of loads of good old anger and strength and intimidation , he though did lift the club from the doldrums and remarkably up into the Premiership and nearly survived, where better teams tried and failed to go up .

PS Dealing with the Sala incident must have been tough on top of an almost impossible tasks of staying up .
    I think he's probably a bit of a bully but he gets results

Great time to be a cardiff fan under him , until the premiership

In that promotion season we were winning games , getting stuck in and getting on everybody's nerves

That's when we are best as a club

In the Eddie May promotion year we had players like stant and ramsay who got into the opposition

We played some nice football as we did under warnock but the main aim was to stick the ball in the net and defend well

And win games !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think he's probably a bit of a bully but he gets results

Great time to be a cardiff fan under him , until the premiership

In that promotion season we were winning games , getting stuck in and getting on everybody's nerves

That's when we are best as a club

In the Eddie May promotion year we had players like stant and ramsay who got into the opposition

We played some nice football as we did under warnock but the main aim was to stick the ball in the net and defend well

And win games !
    Strangely a lot of players do show him continued respect and loyalty , probably a robust motivator gets those who need belief in themselves believing , yes unique character to say the least ,I also think he is an arm around the shoulder for those who need it ?

That little spell at the start of our last promotion season when we thumped Villa, did Wolves away and beat a strong Sheffield United team 2-0 was one of the highlights of my long time City supporting life, it was wonderful, Mendez-Laing cutting in and banging them in, Hoilett magic on the other flank, we were a joy to watch. But I do think Warnock put the brakes on a bit with a ‘Jesus Christ, we got a chance of going up here, I’d better batten down the hatches’. And get us up he did but I don’t think we played with the same enthusiasm and abandon until our Premier League final fling at Old Trafford, which did leave a ‘what could have been’ feeling had we shown the same attitude during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That little spell at the start of our last promotion season when we thumped Villa, did Wolves away and beat a strong Sheffield United team 2-0 was one of the highlights of my long time City supporting life, it was wonderful, Mendez-Laing cutting in and banging them in, Hoilett magic on the other flank, we were a joy to watch. But I do think Warnock put the brakes on a bit with a ‘Jesus Christ, we got a chance of going up here, I’d better batten down the hatches’. And get us up he did but I don’t think we played with the same enthusiasm and abandon until our Premier League final fling at Old Trafford, which did leave a ‘what could have been’ feeling had we shown the same attitude during the season.
    It did help that Man Utd decided to take the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It did help that Man Utd decided to take the day off.
    I didn’t particularly care about their attitude (they did have a few bobs worth of talent on the pitch though), we were superb and perhaps our attitude that day made them ‘not fancy it’. If we’d have shown the same spirit in earlier games against, perhaps, lesser teams we might have survived. Did Warnock hold us back only for him to let us have our head once we were doomed?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I didn’t particularly care about their attitude (they did have a few bobs worth of talent on the pitch though), we were superb and perhaps our attitude that day made them ‘not fancy it’. If we’d have shown the same spirit in earlier games against, perhaps, lesser teams we might have survived. Did Warnock hold us back only for him to let us have our head once we were doomed?
    Nah, United didn't give a **** and we were already relegated. In my opinion it didn't spell 'what could've' been. We showed hardly anything in terms of footballing style and philosophy the previous 37 games, unless you want to narrow it down to individual moments, which were few and far between. There was nothing on the game, so, the team either cheated the fans in the previous 37 games, where hardly any football was played, or united took the day off. All evidence says that they did.

Any videos of him swearing at and berating the officials at the same pre season friendly? In front of all those children at the game? Complete and utter tosser.