+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I defy anyone not to like this ode to trying to enjoy life whilst it lasts 🙃

I defy anyone not to like this ode to trying to enjoy life whilst it lasts 🙃

https://youtu.be/C1dXl3EOpKI

Devin Townsend Project , great voice , great layers of sound 👌

Life .......see you on the other side

Re: I defy anyone not to like this ode to trying to enjoy life whilst it lasts 🙃

Big voice , wow great driving drums

Re: I defy anyone not to like this ode to trying to enjoy life whilst it lasts 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Big voice , wow great driving drums
    Immense big sound

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Incredible band

Geddy Lee's voice just didn't stand up live though which is why I love them on recorded stuff but live preferred instrumental stuff like this

Very powerful band

Great link 👍

i'm not a fan . sorry..it's like the circus came to town and play prog metal.
    i do appreciate the talent tho

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Agree, about as authentic as a Thai designer clothes market. Car music, almost Partridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, about as authentic as a Thai designer clothes market. Car music, almost Partridge.
    Dear ****ing God

He's a bipolar sufferer and wrote the album after a stay in a psychiatric hospital

Its about as authentic as you can get

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I can appreciate that but I you are the manics fan please lock yourself in a room

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear ****ing God

He's a bipolar sufferer and wrote the album after a stay in a psychiatric hospital

https://genius.com/Devin-townsend-life-lyrics

Right in there

No God

No Guru

One life , then dust

Dear ****ing God

Sorry sludge, it's shit in my opinion.

I don't like reggae but can appreciate its drive and the rumbling bass

I find punk a bit too lightweight but can see the appeal of bands like Rancid

Shit is stuff like those two long necked Irish twins dressed in green

Now that's shit

Musically Devin Townsend and his band are widely acknowledged to be at the forefront of modern expansive rock and he's a technically brilliant guitarist

He can play grinding pounding metal , acoustic love songs and has lots of side projects involving dub , drum and bass , folk and many other genres

To describe a band that you don't like as shit is very puerile

I don't like the manics or the stereophonics but I don't think they are shit .

I don't like reggae but can appreciate its drive and the rumbling bass

I find punk a bit too lightweight but can see the appeal of bands like Rancid

Shit is stuff like those two long necked Irish twins dressed in green

Now that's shit

Musically Devin Townsend and his band are widely acknowledged to be at the forefront of modern expansive rock and he's a technically brilliant guitarist

He can play grinding pounding metal , acoustic love songs and has lots of side projects involving dub , drum and bass , folk and many other genres

To describe a band that you don't like as shit is very puerile

I don't like the manics or the stereophonics but I don't think they are shit .
    The Phonics are shit, the manics aren't, although i'm not a fan. Yeah, they're very talented, but i didn't like the sound or the lyrics, i didn't like any of it to be honest. Sounded like a tune bounced out in a middle aged white blokes ford mondeo. Not for me brother

The Phonics are shit, the manics aren't, although i'm not a fan. Yeah, they're very talented, but i didn't like the sound or the lyrics, i didn't like any of it to be honest. Sounded like a tune bounced out in a middle aged white blokes ford mondeo. Not for me brother
    What a silly response

He wrote that song after a spell in a psychiatric hospital and realised life was precious

Idiots in Ford mondeos don't appreciate that kind of music

The stereophonics , level 42 , thats more their thing

What a silly response

He wrote that song after a spell in a psychiatric hospital and realised life was precious

Idiots in Ford mondeos don't appreciate that kind of music

The stereophonics , level 42 , thats more their thing
    Just because it was written while the man was in a Psychiatric hospital, it doesn't give it any more credence in my opinion. It may to you, him and millions of others, but not me sludge. I just didn't like it, simple.

Just because it was written while the man was in a Psychiatric hospital, it doesn't give it any more credence in my opinion. It may to you, him and millions of others, but not me sludge. I just didn't like it, simple.
    Its the nonsense comparing it to music listened to by white blokes in Ford mondeos that's the killing line really . Not liking it is one thing but I have you down as a more intelligent bloke than that .

Stick to skimming

I agree effing rubbish. Boring to watch and made me want to cut my ears off within a minute

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I agree effing rubbish. Boring to watch and made me want to cut my ears off within a minute
    Well said, Stan

Sounds like christian rock music.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Well if that's the result , let's have more devin !

Ears first , then nose

Turn it up !

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Sounds like christian rock music.
    He's not a Christian I can assure you of that

Those idiots think we all go to heaven

Well said, Stan
    You are agreeing with a piss soaked ex bus driver here mate , it's not good form