+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face masks

Re: Face masks

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Actually, there was an article I read here this week about how the UK is now experiment central.
    Yea Ive seen a US News report on how the world are watching the UK and seeing how we deal with the Delta variant and getting on with life

Funny enough, 2 weeks ago the Delta variant was 41% of cases in the US, now its above 80% , I see that in Orange county FLA are now recommending face masks again when inside if not double vac'ed , the Delta wave is about to hit the USA

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    No just the mindset of someone who does. Like people who park on pavements or play their music out loud on public transport. All selfish acts.... of varying severity.
    Except those are deliberate acts, forgetting to do something isn't

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yea Ive seen a US News report on how the world are watching the UK and seeing how we deal with the Delta variant and getting on with life

Funny enough, 2 weeks ago the Delta variant was 41% of cases in the US, now its above 80% , I see that in Orange county FLA are now recommending face masks again when inside if not double vac'ed , the Delta wave is about to hit the USA
    We know, it's here!! We monitor wastewater to test for variants in Arizona and it's hit 90+% of infections as of the last week (though our sampling isn't really representative).

Do you know what we have been using as a very rough template for progressions for the State? The U.K. experience.

Why you might ask? We appear to have tracked about a month/6 weeks behind the U.K. progression throughout the pandemic.

(We also have a governor who is behaving very much like Bozo in terms of having very limited (scientific) knowledge and an apparent complete disregard for the public's safety.)

Not sure on that, many parts ( if not all ) of the USA have ditched social distancing and are certainly not wearing masks
    And still not letting anyone in…..despite Delta being there anyway! Ironically if Trump was still in control the borders would no doubt be open….

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And still not letting anyone in…..despite Delta being there anyway! Ironically if Trump was still in control the borders would no doubt be open….
    Think about what you just posted ... the borders would never have reopened with Fart.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Think about what you just posted ... the borders would never have reopened with Fart.
    Under Trump they were due to reopen the end of Jan ( think it was the 26th ) the CDC's only stipulation was people would require a Neg test to enter

Biden put a stop to it

First Team

Under Trump they were due to reopen the end of Jan ( think it was the 26th ) the CDC's only stipulation was people would require a Neg test to enter

Biden put a stop to it
    It was a joke.

I always get a Starbucks Frapp on a friday afternoon with my fellow football coach, we discuss the session that night and normally pick the team for the next day

Went In yesterday, both wearing our masks, looked around, 5 others in the queue, all maskless, 2 joined the queue behind us, also both maskless , The mask thing is over, if you feel Comfortable / safer / happier etc etc wearing one, carry on its your choice

Of course the above only applies to England, not sure what Drakeford is upto

I suppose the virus behaves differently in England than Wales.

I always get a Starbucks Frapp on a friday afternoon with my fellow football coach, we discuss the session that night and normally pick the team for the next day

Went In yesterday, both wearing our masks, looked around, 5 others in the queue, all maskless, 2 joined the queue behind us, also both maskless , The mask thing is over, if you feel Comfortable / safer / happier etc etc wearing one, carry on its your choice

Of course the above only applies to England, not sure what Drakeford is upto
    Fair play, you tell the shittest stories. I’ve never seen anyone say so much whilst saying so very little. Adam Brown maybe.

Feedback

Doesn't take a perfect citizen to remember a mask - you just need a bit of consideration to others. It amazes me how mental people are about having to wear a sodding mask in shops - it's not a big ask. Like drink driving and using your phone while behind the wheel - all d!ck moves only someone wrapped up their own little world would defend.
    You're being a bit of a dick here pal. She had three kids in tow. No mean feat and it's understandable she forgot her mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    You're being a bit of a dick here pal. She had three kids in tow. No mean feat and it's understandable she forgot her mask.
    How hard is it to go back and get a mask. This is exactly what I mean - you seem to think that the inconvenience of having to go back and get a mask over rides the risk of passing on the virus. If believing the opposite makes me a d!ck - I'll happily take the label....pal.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Except those are deliberate acts, forgetting to do something isn't
    You know if you're wearing a mask or not. She may have initially forgotten it but then made the choice to carry on shopping rather than going back. I've left mine in the car loads of times but have gone back.

You know if you're wearing a mask or not. She may have initially forgotten it but then made the choice to carry on shopping rather than going back. I've left mine in the car loads of times but have gone back.
    It is entirely possible that someone absentmindedly forgot to put on a mask and didn't realise it until they met the person who shouted at them, particularly considering they had 3 kids to worry about. That is not comparable to drink driving nor does it warrant a stranger shouting at you, particularly in front of your children. A polite "excuse me, I think you've forgotten your mask" would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Noticed a lot of people no longer wearing in shops - clearly not medically exempt

I do think the rules are a bit silly but they’re still the rules
    I live in England and I’m not really wearing one any more. If it’s busy in a supermarket and I think some old folk might mistakenly feel endangered, then I might stick one on to make them happy.

But things which are clearly daft - eg, putting one on the pub to walk from a table to a toilet - no thanks.

Doesn't take a perfect citizen to remember a mask - you just need a bit of consideration to others. It amazes me how mental people are about having to wear a sodding mask in shops - it's not a big ask. Like drink driving and using your phone while behind the wheel - all d!ck moves only someone wrapped up their own little world would defend.
    Do you bother to read before you reply or just go off on random little rants?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It is entirely possible that someone absentmindedly forgot to put on a mask and didn't realise it until they met the person who shouted at them, particularly considering they had 3 kids to worry about. That is not comparable to drink driving nor does it warrant a stranger shouting at you, particularly in front of your children. A polite "excuse me, I think you've forgotten your mask" would suffice.
    At last. Some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do you bother to read before you reply or just go off on random little rants?
    Pot, kettle, black. Dry your eyes and put your mask on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    👍

Pot, kettle, black. Dry your eyes and put your mask on.
    Another Internet hard man out of the sludge school of hard knocks.

How hard is it to go back and get a mask. This is exactly what I mean - you seem to think that the inconvenience of having to go back and get a mask over rides the risk of passing on the virus. If believing the opposite makes me a d!ck - I'll happily take the label....pal.
    It wasn't inconvenient to go back, she wears one all the time in her line of work you almost forget when you have them on as you don't notice them when you wear them constantly day in day out, so obviously she's forgotten to put it on and not noticed she hasnt put it on until your wife started ranting in her face, as soon as she noticed she went back.

You're trying to hard to be a dick here pal.

ugh this thread.

well everywhere I've been lately almost everyone Is still wearing a mask.
    it's not a big hassle, and it shows concern for those who are still genuinely worried about it so I'd rather face the minor inconvenience than needlessly stress someone else out.
    I think some places like crowded public transport you'll see some people wearing them routinely from now on. I'd consider it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It wasn't inconvenient to go back, she wears one all the time in her line of work you almost forget when you have them on as you don't notice them when you wear them constantly day in day out, so obviously she's forgotten to put it on and not noticed she hasnt put it on until your wife started ranting in her face, as soon as she noticed she went back.

You're trying to hard to be a dick here pal.
    Why are you desperately trying to justify it. Anyone not wearing one when you should is an idiot. Also, have some class and try not to resort to personal insults, otherwise you run the risk of people thinking you're a bit simple.

Why are you desperately trying to justify it. Anyone not wearing one when you should is an idiot. Also, have some class and try not to resort to personal insults, otherwise you run the risk of people thinking you're a bit simple.
    Says the fella that hasn't read the posts he's been replying to and just rambles on for a reaction.