+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face masks

Face masks

Noticed a lot of people no longer wearing in shops - clearly not medically exempt

I do think the rules are a bit silly but they’re still the rules

Re: Face masks

In Sports Direct in the bay earlier buying my boy some new trainers, 3 people in the queue without a mask on. Previously I’ve seen an occasional person in shops without one on. Some people will undoubtedly just think they’re being clever.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Noticed a lot of people no longer wearing in shops - clearly not medically exempt

I appear to be the only one still wearing a mask in my local Premier shop in Barry, even the shop owner is mask free.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    In Sports Direct in the bay earlier buying my boy some new trainers, 3 people in the queue without a mask on. Previously I’ve seen an occasional person in shops without one on. Some people will undoubtedly just think they’re being clever.
    Benefit of the doubt but maybe all the shit on the tv about Freedom Day has got them confused.

I was in London this week and had no clue if I was supposed to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    I appear to be the only one still wearing a mask in my local Premier shop in Barry, even the shop owner is mask free.
    Live in England and I am the same, like it seems all of sudden people dropped masks!

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Live in England and I am the same, like it seems all of sudden people dropped masks!
    I was surprised by how many were wearing them in Canary Wharf this week. Probably 90% of people in shops, on the tube and on the train from Slough to Paddington.

Up here in Scotland for a week and English tourists clearly think wearing masks is optional. I didn't realise until today that children over the age of 5 need to wear them, where it's 12 in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I left mine on a job last week and didn't have a spare in the van, I was starving and wanted a McDonald's so got one from the designer outlet in Bridgend. Had to go in with no mask, I remember a while back covering my face with my top and apologising profusely to anyone who cared to listen, now I just get on with it on rare occasions 8 am without a mask.

Noticed it a lot in pubs, not big chains where they jump on you, local ones, people are walking around to the toilet etc and not putting masks on, I think quietly people just aren't that bothered no more.

Nobody even gave me a dirty look in McDonald's.. I remember a woman embarrassing my sister at her local Tesco because she'd managed to go in mask less and up about 3 aisles, the Karen went full tilt, no polite "hey Where's your mask" my sister ran out without the kids to get it from the car.. People ain't arsed now.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I left mine on a job last week and didn't have a spare in the van, I was starving and wanted a McDonald's so got one from the designer outlet in Bridgend. Had to go in with no mask, I remember a while back covering my face with my top and apologising profusely to anyone who cared to listen, now I just get on with it on rare occasions 8 am without a mask.

Noticed it a lot in pubs, not big chains where they jump on you, local ones, people are walking around to the toilet etc and not putting masks on, I think quietly people just aren't that bothered no more.

Nobody even gave me a dirty look in McDonald's.. I remember a woman embarrassing my sister at her local Tesco because she'd managed to go in mask less and up about 3 aisles, the Karen went full tilt, no polite "hey Where's your mask" my sister ran out without the kids to get it from the car.. People ain't arsed now.
    Not sure you could call someone a Karen for asking someone to put a mask on.

Been down Bournemouth this week. Hardly a mask in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Not sure you could call someone a Karen for asking someone to put a mask on.
    You can when the normal way to "ask" as you put it would be to actually ask someone politely. Not look her up and down tutting and shouting at her for not having a mask on.

My post clearly says she went full titl at my sister. So yeah mate, she's a Karen.

You can when the normal way to "ask" as you put it would be to actually ask someone politely. Not look her up and down tutting and shouting at her for not having a mask on.

My post clearly says she went full titl at my sister. So yeah mate, she's a Karen.
    You might need to look up the definition of a Karen. It's about someone with a self imposed sense of entitlement - not wearing a mask would fit into that category. I suppose she could have asked more politely but it's a d!ck move not wearing one in the first place.....mate

I always get a Starbucks Frapp on a friday afternoon with my fellow football coach, we discuss the session that night and normally pick the team for the next day

Went In yesterday, both wearing our masks, looked around, 5 others in the queue, all maskless, 2 joined the queue behind us, also both maskless , The mask thing is over, if you feel Comfortable / safer / happier etc etc wearing one, carry on its your choice

Of course the above only applies to England, not sure what Drakeford is upto

You might need to look up the definition of a Karen. It's about someone with a self imposed sense of entitlement - not wearing a mask would fit into that category. I suppose she could have asked more politely but it's a d!ck move not wearing one in the first place.....mate
    Yeah, shopping with 3 kids and leaving it in the car.

Oh do **** off.

What is it with this board and everybody being perfect civilians?

15. The peak of the resurgence will however be much lower if the return to pre-pandemic behaviours is gradual, irrespective of legislative decisions (i.e., any changes happen over several months) than if it is rapid, and if more measures to reduce transmission are maintained (high confidence). If the aim is to prevent the NHS being under pressure the priority should be to avoid a very rapid return to pre-pandemic behaviour which could lead to a peak in hospitalisations similar to (or possibly even higher than) previous peaks. The mechanism by which this gradual change to more mixing is achieved is much less important than the fact it is gradual.

16. Maintaining interventions such as more people working from home, the use of masks in crowded indoor spaces, and increasing ventilation, would contribute to transmission reduction and therefore reduce the number of hospitalisations (high confidence). SAGE has previously advised on the effectiveness of different interventions (SAGE 87).

https://assets.publishing.service.go..._July_2021.pdf
    In Wales it's still the law and taking collective action so to not take a step backwards still needed in order to ensure further restrictions eased on 7th of August.

Yeah, shopping with 3 kids and leaving it in the car.

Oh do **** off.

What is it with this board and everybody being perfect civilians?
    Doesn't take a perfect citizen to remember a mask - you just need a bit of consideration to others. It amazes me how mental people are about having to wear a sodding mask in shops - it's not a big ask. Like drink driving and using your phone while behind the wheel - all d!ck moves only someone wrapped up their own little world would defend.

Doesn't take a perfect citizen to remember a mask - you just need a bit of consideration to others. It amazes me how mental people are about having to wear a sodding mask in shops - it's not a big ask. Like drink driving and using your phone while behind the wheel - all d!ck moves only someone wrapped up their own little world would defend.
    Are you honestly comparing forgetting to put on a mask to drink driving? Goodness me...

I've worn mine since day one more out respect for others, even when WAG decided not to apply it as a rule after opening up after last year's lockdown.

How times change .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Are you honestly comparing forgetting to put on a mask to drink driving? Goodness me...
    No just the mindset of someone who does. Like people who park on pavements or play their music out loud on public transport. All selfish acts.... of varying severity.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    These £&#@wits are really getting on my nerves now. Thanks to the Tories they've literally won, masks will soon be non compulsory , so long social distancing, 'back to normal'. Cases are going through the roof and deaths will follow, the app designed to protect people is being blamed for going off too much ('someone trun off that damn fire alarm ,I'm trying to get some sleep here') ,the rest of the world is staring at us with open mouths (behind masks obviously) and still these arses turn up to protest about the minor restrictions still in place.

Guess this is what happens when contrary tosspots have an easy way of finding each other.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    the rest of the world is staring at us with open mouths (behind masks obviously)
    Not sure on that, many parts ( if not all ) of the USA have ditched social distancing and are certainly not wearing masks

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Not sure on that, many parts ( if not all ) of the USA have ditched social distancing and are certainly not wearing masks
    Actually, there was an article I read here this week about how the UK is now experiment central.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Seriously, what is wrong with these sheeple? Complete selfish, brain-dead arseholes.