+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Expats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Expats

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Married a brilliant and beautiful American of Polish/Swedish ancestry who, after 39 years of marriage, is a wonderful mother to our three children. We live in Nebraska, which has bitterly cold winters. I like to go back every now and then to get faggots and peas in the market, or fish and chips on Caroline Street, but no, I will never move back. There's a reason why people risk life and limb to get here and why hundreds of thousands are rushing the southern border. It's a great place. I'm a lucky guy.
    Good for you Mate!!
    Nebraska’s Winters would be beyond my capacity no matter how much I dug the Corn Huskers.

Winters here in Northern VA are brutal to me.
    If we don’t get back to Wales, a Snow Bird lifestyle it is!

Re: Expats

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Good for you Mate!!
    Nebraska’s Winters would be beyond my capacity no matter how much I dug the Corn Huskers.

Winters here in Northern VA are brutal to me.
    If we don’t get back to Wales, a Snow Bird lifestyle it is!
    Yeah, we're thinking about Texas, although in one of those life twists my daughter and her husband just bought a summer home in Puerto Rico and now the missus is talking about retirement on the Caribbean. I don't know that I could live happily in a non-English speaking country, though. I need my radio, an addiction that took hold long ago with Radio Luxembourg and Jimmy Clitheroe.