Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
Couple of questions.

How come you're expats?

I was a problem child. Year above Bale/Warburton/Thomas/Kear in Whitchurch. I dropped out after Year 12. I was more interested in my friend's grandad's war stories than I was school. Used to drop by his house to listen to him instead of going to class. Then after dropping out I worked full time at the Plumb Center at City Road making next to nothing. I know absolutely nothing about plumbing. My dad's company asked him to move to Shanghai for a 3-5 year project. Parents asked me if I wanted to go with them and go back to school and redo Year 12 and after visiting Shanghai I said hell yes. Went to Uni in Malaysia and now settled in Singapore with a Singaporean-chinese wife and kids.

I've always wanted to move somewhere warmer and being from Brynmawr the choices are endless.
Do you miss Wales?

Certain things. But if I missed it enough I would move home. Although I say that but truth be told we're over reliant on my wife's job here in Singapore.

I miss Sunday roast. I miss going to watch City both home and away. Cardiff Devils too. And rugby. I miss my auntie Karen and all my cousins. I miss a proper cup of tea. I miss grass. I miss seasons. I miss pubs. I miss having a back garden. I miss having a connection to the people I'm around.

I went to Japan for the rugby world cup and whenever I met someone and told them I'm Welsh they got excited. Whenever I told them but I live in Singapore they lost their excitement.

Do you think you'll ever move back?

I would love to but only if we had enough money to do it differently. I wouldn't want to live in Gabalfa or Whitchurch again. Sorry if that sounds stuck up but been there, done that. I would love to give Pontcanna a try. With those massive fields and hipster cafes. Walking to town. Yes please.

Anyway I'm drunk.
"Life is queer with its twist and turns."

Did you see "Crazy Rich Asians?" If so, what did you think? Those massive food courts look cool.