+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fulham looking at Harry Wilson

Re: Fulham looking at Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes. They have lost their manager and their best player from last season, Lookman, plus Josh Maja and a number of other first choice players including their best centre half. All they have brought in so far is three of their own players who were out on loan abroad. If they get Wilson he will be their first real signing. Any team with Odoi and Ream in their defence is in trouble.
    They've certainly lost players, but Bryan, Adarabioyo, Hector, Tete is a good back 4 at this level. They've got others like Mawson, Robinson, Kongolo, Christie, Odoi and yes even Ream who can do a job at this level.

I would be surprised if we finished above Fulham. Where do you think the two sides will finish?

He's a top quality player who will flourish in a footballing side. Never going to do much in a hoofball team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    He's a top quality player who will flourish in a footballing side. Never going to do much in a hoofball team.
    I thought Wilson wasn’t quite as effective as hoped last season, but it’s tough being the token footballer in a team set up to play like we’ve done for the last ten years or so.

Any way you look at this, I make it bad news for us. We are lacking in that area compared to last season and a team aspiring for promotion is now strengthened.
    We’re starting to look like we’re just going to be a hoofball team again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    This.

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

According to some reports, it’s being said it’s now a years loan deal, with a view to buy at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    ya

According to some reports, it’s being said it’s now a years loan deal, with a view to buy at the end of the season
    that makes a lot of sense

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

You obviously didn't see any of the 7 goals he scored then. Very few players at Championship level would have been able to match any of them.
    Good hat-trick v Birmingham, but the opposition was extremely weak that day. More like a training ground game without any pressure for either team.

First goal was a lucky 'worldy' after sloppy defensive work.
    Second was a well-placed free-kick, but the keeper should have saved.
    Third was an excellent free-kick, but more experienced keepers may have positioned themselves better

Wilson may do well alongside better players but 12 million could have been spent more wisely by Fulham.

He may be available for less than £5 million within a year or two.

It took a while for Mick to be impressed with Wilson, possibly due to work ethic in training?

The 'training ground' match v Birmingham apart, I have been underwhelmed by Wilson's capability and temperament (in a Cardiff shirt). He has undoubted talent, but I suspect a team like Fulham may not be able to exploit it fully.

He would have made many Premier league managers think again after failing to be an integral part of the Wales squad and then letting himself down badly in the Denmark game.

It was reported that Burnley and Leeds were among clubs interested, but I doubt whether Wilson would have had the necessary characteristics to be part of either Dyche or Bielsa teams.

Fulham's defence is rubbish, yet every close season they strengthen their attack and midfield. They will never learn and will struggle next season as a result. Therefore this is a very bad move for Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

few mares on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    few mares on this thread
    In fairness to DML, I always wait for his predictions with great eagerness. I know the opposite will then be guaranteed to happen.

Yes.
    Turns out it was no.

Fulham's defence is rubbish, yet every close season they strengthen their attack and midfield. They will never learn and will struggle next season as a result. Therefore this is a very bad move for Wilson.
    You dont win anything with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Turns out it was no.
    It's ok, he didn't actually write that stuff. His account was hijacked by one of his relatives in Sheffield.

What a whopper

Hey, I got it wrong, fair enough but at least I actually go to games and support the club, unlike a number of people on this board, including those who thought that Wilson wasn't a good player and have now been made to look particularly stupid.

Hey, I got it wrong, fair enough but at least I actually go to games and support the club, unlike a number of people on this board, including those who thought that Wilson wasn't a good player and have now been made to look particularly stupid.
    ‘Mare

He’s not the big talent everyone thinks he is. He won’t do it in the PL next year that’s for certain. Like Mitrovic, he’ll be out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He’s not the big talent everyone thinks he is. He won’t do it in the PL next year that’s for certain. Like Mitrovic, he’ll be out of his depth.
    I look forward to bumping this again next season

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Fulham have had a great side in the Championship and they keep messing around with it when they go up. If they add a really good keeper, winger, centre half and keep Neco Williams, they'll be absolutely fine. Wilson and Mitro are going to do well. Silva doesn't seem thick enough to try and add 10 new players to a good side and destroy any balance.

You did get it wrong. The fact you might be a season ticket holder or at least a regular makes no difference.