+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vassell's injured again

Vassell's injured again

Re: Vassell's injured again

Yeah I said this a few weeks ago.
    The poor blokes not well enough for this job. It really is a great pity but he’s much much too delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I heard it's nothing but a bruised ankle if so not much to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    For most people a bruised ankle is nothin too much for Vassel it might keep him out till Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hope it's nothing major.

One of the strangest signings we have had. Total waste of space.

It's a shame for all involved. Players want to play.

I wonder if there should be a clause in a contract that states that players who miss X amount of games due to injury will be released?

It's a controversial idea and I there's plenty pros and cons, but there'll be plenty of self-employed boys on here who don't get paid if they're ill etc.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It's a shame for all involved. Players want to play.

I wonder if there should be a clause in a contract that states that players who miss X amount of games due to injury will be released?

It's a controversial idea and I there's plenty pros and cons, but there'll be plenty of self-employed boys on here who don't get paid if they're ill etc.
    No decent player would sign such contract tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No decent player would sign such contract tho.
    Yeah they'd have to get paid significantly more to make up for the risk of it. Although I believe this is the away it works in America. Not that that is any recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    For most people a bruised ankle is nothin too much for Vassel it might keep him out till Christmas.
    It's a confidence issue with him, too. Watching him taking shots in the warm up at Bath (most of which weren't on target), he seemed to be beating himself up about it rather than getting back into the groove and enjoying the prospect of playing in front of a crowd again. At the moment, he may get some bench time but is well behind at least three other teammates in the pecking order. A pity. A few goals in competitive matches and he could well turn into a decent contributer to the teams' success.....if he can stay off the treatment table.

It’s telling that the picture of him on the Wales Online site is in the kit from the 19/20 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yeah they'd have to get paid significantly more to make up for the risk of it. Although I believe this is the away it works in America. Not that that is any recommendation
    One NFL player recently got injured at the training facility and continues to get paid whereas if injury occurred away from duty he wouldn't have.

I'm not sure American employment law is the thing to copy.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    One NFL player recently got injured at the training facility and continues to get paid whereas if injury occurred away from duty he wouldn't have.

I'm not sure American employment law is the thing to copy.
    I've heard similar stories of an American sportsman who broke an ankle away from the sport, and knowing they wouldn't get paid, came onto work, forced their broken ankle into boots and arranged for one of the other players to drop some weights on the broken ankle in the weights room, so they would continue to get paid.
    they recovered and were immediately released.

Strange contrast with the way Joe Bennet was treated.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Not really, Bennett was out of contract and Vassell isn't.

If Vassell was out of contract he would be gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Joe Bennett was offered a contract early in the year and turned it down.

Pitching for more money and it went wrong.
    Still, they could and should have done something for him.
    I’d have looked after an employee in similar circumstances and Ccfc have got more money than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've heard similar stories of an American sportsman who broke an ankle away from the sport, and knowing they wouldn't get paid, came onto work, forced their broken ankle into boots and arranged for one of the other players to drop some weights on the broken ankle in the weights room, so they would continue to get paid.
    they recovered and were immediately released.
    Did they actually go ahead and drop the weights directly on to an already broken ankle? - Ouch!!