The reason I don't think we'll get promoted this year or be one of the genuine contenders - if you think that there are three/four fighting for two automatic spots and then a group of four/five good enough to fill remaining play-off spots - is because we're still reliant on largely the same midfield and defence who have struggled to control and move the ball.

Pre-season will be forgotten by the time season starts but for me it's all about building towards the season after/whether moves we make now set us up to be one of the genuine contenders for 2022-2023.

We've made some moves I think will do us well going forward (Wintle in, Watters out on loan, pragmatic decisions on Bennett, Hoilett and Bamba), some I'm neutral about (McGuiness) and there are some big decisions about contract extensions to come which will have a telling impact.

Style of play is unlikely to change too much this year and it's largely about how an experienced group help newer, younger faces establish themselves while keeping us safely in this division.