I've watched all of our pre-season games and while I understand many think pre-season performances can be taken with a pinch of salt, I do think it's worth reflecting on progress so far.

It is very worrying that, apart from Bath, we haven't dominated ANY side for any length of time in any of the games. Bath hadn't played a competitive game for six months as their season ended early due to COVID, so you expected them to be rusty after only a few friendlies.

It is shocking to me that playing teams a number of tiers below us that they all look more creative and comfortable on the ball than us.

The lack of pace is startling. While Giles looks quick, the rest of the team seem to be so much slower than the teams we have played. And it's not just about being quick running with the ball, it's the speed of passing, movement off the ball, making runs behind etc.

Apart from when Tomlin is on the pitch we look like we have zero creativity in the central midfield areas. Yesterday we relied on Aiden Flint launching the ball forward and hoping something comes off.

At the back - considering we play with three centre backs and two defensive midfielders, the possession we concede in midfield is staggering and the goals we conceded appalling. When the opposition runs at us we really struggle and we conceded most of our goals from crosses, corners or free kicks.

Lack of pace and creativity in the middle have been a problem for years and successive managers have either never realised it or have been unable to address it.

Mick seems to be sticking his head in the sand about it.

While we have a few players to come back who will make a difference, I can't see them making enough of a difference to address these issues.

I am not hopeful about the new season. We look a bang average boring side who will score plenty from long throws and corners but have little else in our attacking armoury.