Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
No, you gave a list of contemporaries that suited your narrative. I gave a list of his white contemporaries that also had to start from the bottom. I also gave a few examples of black players who were afforded the same level of entry and as Gerrard, Lampard.etc

Maybe, just maybe, Campbell didn’t inspire enough to be given a job at a higher level. He doesn’t come across the most personable of characters and his loyalty is also questionable after what he did to Spurs. Bryan Robson and Steven Gerrard both cut their teeth managing younger teams at United and Liverpool when they finished playing. Did Campbell show the same appetite when he retired? They were also very inspirational captains and leaders. As colossal a defender as Campbell was I don’t recall him being a vocal leader on the pitch and the same has been said of him in the dressing room by ex team mates.
Sol Campbell is an example. He went to countless interviews and didn't get a job. Maybe he is shit, the point is, that plenty of white players are given the opportunity the show that they're shit, time after time after time........Ex black players don't seem to get much of a look in, especially from youth team upwards. Since the premier league started there has only been 9 black managers. Surely, that's lopsided? I think things will change over the next 15 years or so. This generation aren't just going to take it, and there is much more awareness.