+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Statement needed from the club

Statement needed from the club

On how many will be at the Barnsley game and the foreseeable future home matches.

We are less than two weeks away and not even season ticket holders know if they will be at the game.
    Nothing expected to be announced by the WAG until the day of the game (7th Aug).

Surely the club know how many will be in the ground however low that figure might be?

Re: Statement needed from the club

The Welsh Government has already announced that there will be no restrictions on the numbers at events from 7th August.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    The Welsh Government has already announced that there will be no restrictions on the numbers at events from 7th August.
    So why are there no tickets on sale?

Please direct all enquiries to dml1954 @ ccmb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I have no idea.

I'm not sure the clubs know what the rules are.

City to have 8,000 in against Newport County and Southampton.
    Jacks are having 8,200 for their friendly apparently and then the head scratcher of a 2,000 person cap at the cricket at Sophia Gardens.

There seems no rhyme or reason.

Maybe they're not going to sell any?
    Maybe they're going to see how they manage the logistics of only allowing season ticket holders in for the first few games, before expanding capacity?
    Maybe they're waiting to see how they manage staggering the crowd arriving at the ground, as they're doing at the Southampton and Newport games, first?

I demand nothing from the club, except a cautious approach to their new normal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe they're not going to sell any?
    Maybe they're going to see how they manage the logistics of only allowing season ticket holders in for the first few games, before expanding capacity?
    Maybe they're waiting to see how they manage staggering the crowd arriving at the ground, as they're doing at the Southampton and Newport games, first?

I demand nothing from the club, except a cautious approach to their new normal.
    Any approach would be something.

As we stand they have told the fans nothing.
    Fans are good enough to take season ticket money from but if the 8,000 levels are stuck to then over 50% of them season ticket holders won't be able to attend and with less than two weeks to go until the game are still none the wiser.

That is crap from the club.

I spoke to someone at the club on Friday on another matter and that person told me that they would be eligible for full capacity on 7 August. I know the club has been in discussions with the WAG too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Or pop into the ticket office..... Oops.

I imagine we'd know before the 7th if restrictions are being lifted, there's no way they're saying on the day "Yeah, go for it lads".

Any approach would be something.

As we stand they have told the fans nothing.
    Fans are good enough to take season ticket money from but if the 8,000 levels are stuck to then over 50% of them season ticket holders won't be able to attend and with less than two weeks to go until the game are still none the wiser.

That is crap from the club.
    What makes you think the 8000 limit will apply after Aug 7th, when it is the governments intention to lift restrictions then? (Emphasis on 'intended ')
    If the government allow the lifting of restrictions after this date then there's no reason for the limit to apply. If the lifting of restrictions is delayed then selling tickets to non season ticket holders would be a bit daft. Until the government confirms anything the club are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    To get an open-minded and level-headed response. He sees things from all sides. No, really. He does.

What makes you think the 8000 limit will apply after Aug 7th, when it is the governments intention to lift restrictions then? (Emphasis on 'intended ')
    If the government allow the lifting of restrictions after this date then there's no reason for the limit to apply. If the lifting of restrictions is delayed then selling tickets to non season ticket holders would be a bit daft. Until the government confirms anything the club are stuck.
    It was more due to the fact they are using 8,000 as the upper limit now.

If they are going to wait until a few days before the 7th then I can't see it being a full capacity. Ticketing etc would be a nightmare to sort.

It seems ridiculous that as I type this there is a full indoor crowd at the darts final in Blackpool. All of which could travel straight to South Wales after the event should they so choose.

Having checked the Jacks site they have told season ticket holders that there could well be a ballot for tickets applied to be fair to season ticket holders.

Newport County don't have a home game until September due to the pitch so should know by then definitely you'd have thought.

It was more due to the fact they are using 8,000 as the upper limit now.

If they are going to wait until a few days before the 7th then I can't see it being a full capacity. Ticketing etc would be a nightmare to sort.

It seems ridiculous that as I type this there is a full indoor crowd at the darts final in Blackpool. All of which could travel straight to South Wales after the event should they so choose.
    What do you want the club to say?

If you want them to make a decision now then it can only realistically say that 1. If restrictions are lifted on the 7th then all season tickets holders will be able to attend, or 2. If restrictions aren't lifted then capacity will be limited and season ticket holders will enter a ballot. In either scenario no tickets will be on general sale.
    Cant realistically do anything else can they?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I imagine we'd know before the 7th if restrictions are being lifted, there's no way they're saying on the day "Yeah, go for it lads".
    My understanding is the WAG haver said they intend to lift all restrictions on the 7th but haven't made the final decision yet. I can't find anything that says when that will be.
    I don't expect the club to make any statements until WAG confirms what is happening on the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My understanding is the WAG haver said they intend to lift all restrictions on the 7th but haven't made the final decision yet. I can't find anything that says when that will be.
    I don't expect the club to make any statements until WAG confirms what is happening on the 7th.
    They've generally made announcements a few days before lifting a restriction so I imagine it'll be the same process here, except maybe a little earlier as its such a big step

What do you want the club to say?

If you want them to make a decision now then it can only realistically say that 1. If restrictions are lifted on the 7th then all season tickets holders will be able to attend, or 2. If restrictions aren't lifted then capacity will be limited and season ticket holders will enter a ballot. In either scenario no tickets will be on general sale.
    Cant realistically do anything else can they?
    Well your two suggestions there are more than we've got from the club.

Something is better than what we have currently got.

Well your two suggestions there are more than we've got from the club.

Something is better than what we have currently got.
    If you assume that no tickets will be on general sale, then anything else will be a bonus.

If you assume that no tickets will be on general sale, then anything else will be a bonus.
    That is pretty much the conclusion I've come to.

It does seem ridiculous that Bristol City could sell out and we could end up being restricted to about a third of capacity though.

That is pretty much the conclusion I've come to.

It does seem ridiculous that Bristol City could sell out and we could end up being restricted to about a third of capacity though.
    It is ridiculous. Why Boris isnt delaying opening up until more of the population is doubly vaccinated is asking for trouble.