+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Joyce V Takam

Joe Joyce V Takam

Anyone else watch it last night? Joyce doesn't half take some shots, Takam was throwing some bombs for the first three rounds but joyce didn't seem to flinch. Joyce is slow, lacks head movement, but he just walked through Takam in the end, not surprising really as Takam is 40 now. Joyce is growing on me, beat Dubois up with the jab and seems a thoroughly nice chap. Will be interesting to see how he fairs at championship level.

Re: Joe Joyce V Takam

I feel the same with Joyce.
    He seems to throw a lot in what seems like slow motion in comparison to other heavyweights but it is effective. His wins against Dubois and that last night evidence of that although as you say Takam is 40.

He is borderline world title level now. If he can take a shot from the heavier hitters then who knows if he has the fire power to get them out of there. I am thinking Joshua gassing like he did mid fight against Klitschko as the most likely one he could potentially beat.
    I think Fury would be too slick and quick for him over 12 rounds and wouldn't get caught.

Good luck to him though. He seems a likeable enough bloke too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I feel the same with Joyce.
    He seems to throw a lot in what seems like slow motion in comparison to other heavyweights but it is effective. His wins against Dubois and that last night evidence of that although as you say Takam is 40.

He is borderline world title level now. If he can take a shot from the heavier hitters then who knows if he has the fire power to get them out of there. I am thinking Joshua gassing like he did mid fight against Klitschko as the most likely one he could potentially beat.
    I think Fury would be too slick and quick for him over 12 rounds and wouldn't get caught.

Good luck to him though. He seems a likeable enough bloke too.
    I had the exact thought about Joshua gassing. Joyce has an engine on him, although, i think that maybe Joshua has matured and learnt a bit since his defeat to ruiz. Agree with you about Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I had the exact thought about Joshua gassing. Joyce has an engine on him, although, i think that maybe Joshua has matured and learnt a bit since his defeat to ruiz. Agree with you about Fury.
    Yeah. Joshua showed a ring maturity against Ruiz that he hadn't shown earlier in his career.

If Joyce manages to get the jab going in the same way he did against Dubois then I think it is a very long night for Joshua, especially if Joyce's jaw carries well against Joshua's power.

Joyce reminds me of a slower not so good George Foreman.

He has a great chin and if he can last 6 rounds he could give Joshua a nightmare in the closing rounds. Have to favour Joshua though.

I think Fury boxes his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Joyce reminds me of a slower not so good George Foreman.

He has a great chin and if he can last 6 rounds he could give Joshua a nightmare in the closing rounds. Have to favour Joshua though.

I think Fury boxes his head off.
    do you reckon that fury's head isn't in the wilder 3 match?

I'd go as far as saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Fury-Wilder 3 doesn't happen ever.

Fury is a loose cannon and there always seems to be some sort of drama in the lead up to his bigger fights. Is it doubt? Is it pressure of these fights that he doesn't really need and the hunger gone?

It has the hallmarks of a fight where Fury takes his eye off the ball or just disappears from the scene again for some time. With Fury nothing would surprise me.

Very impressed with Joe Joyce.
    Takam is no joke and hits hard.
    He seems a very likable guy as well who was on the b/side of the Dubois promotion.

I’d like to see him fight Whyte next.

Judging by how easy and how many times he got hit by a forty year old who only threw one punch at a time i think Joshua will stop him before six

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Judging by how easy and how many times he got hit by a forty year old who only threw one punch at a time i think Joshua will stop him before six
    Could well be right, although the interesting bit would be if Joyce got into the second half of the fight. Takam caught joyce flush on a number of occasions, as did Dubois, joyce didn't seem to blink. Joshua is a step up though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'd go as far as saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Fury-Wilder 3 doesn't happen ever.

Fury is a loose cannon and there always seems to be some sort of drama in the lead up to his bigger fights. Is it doubt? Is it pressure of these fights that he doesn't really need and the hunger gone?

It has the hallmarks of a fight where Fury takes his eye off the ball or just disappears from the scene again for some time. With Fury nothing would surprise me.
    Yup. In theory, Fury should waste Wilder. He's beaten him twice and the 2nd fight was a massive beat down, I'm not sure that an opponent (wilder)has ever won a rematch after the tonking he took. My concern is fury, inactive, looking flabby and this covid thing. Maybe he wasn't expecting the rematch and isn't in great shape, although wilder hasn't fought sin the loss and he's 36 now.

Anyone else watch it last night? Joyce doesn't half take some shots, Takam was throwing some bombs for the first three rounds but joyce didn't seem to flinch. Joyce is slow, lacks head movement, but he just walked through Takam in the end, not surprising really as Takam is 40 now. Joyce is growing on me, beat Dubois up with the jab and seems a thoroughly nice chap. Will be interesting to see how he fairs at championship level.
    Yes alleged hot shot Dubois didn't see that defeat coming , or his management. Joyce is a tough cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes alleged hot shot Dubois didn't see that defeat coming , or his management. Joyce is a tough cookie.
    They were both promoted by Queensbury, it was obvious that Warren preferred Dubois though.
    Similar to when Liam Williams fought Liam Smith.

Thats the issue with Fury where is mind is.

If hes in the right place mentally hes comfortably the best heavyweight. He should be able to beat Wilder easily if hes in the right place mentally.

Wilder has one asset that big right hand and its one hell of a weapon. That connects flush and its a probably a fight ender.

First Team

Who really knows if Fury is really motivated anymore?
    In the run up he looked to be carrying too much weight and the training clips released didn’t give the impression of someone working his backside off. Add in the obvious delight of showboating around Vegas and you had to wonder.
    Then again Fury has hardly ever conformed to the norm so I really do not know.
    Personally , I think he never had any intention of having the third fight with Wilder as he had everything to lose and little to gain. The fight with AJ will probably happen but just won’t be for all the belts.
    The only loser will be Wilder who could have taken the step aside payment but now gets pennies for fighting the same old names unless he can force AJ’s hand but that ship may have sailed as well.

Dubois was awful that night and was still winning the fight before had to retire due to injury.

Joyce was getting the run around from takam but credit to him because he can take some punishment and certainly seems to have damaging hands. So slow though, i cant see him taking a world title. There are some good heavy weights fights out there got ruiz, whyte, Parker.
    Can't see him getting a legitimate shot anytime soon.

If Joe Joyce is world level then heavyweight boxing is ****ed.

I didn’t see the fight but I do like Joyce
    He always does a spinning somersault with no hands after his win - amazing to see for a huge bloke
    Did he do it yesterday?

He must be awkward to face, great engine and a big guy. Has some power even though he often seems so slow you wonder how he could connect.

His engine and chin is what gives him an advantage. Question would be could he take that many punches from one of the top guys and keep coming forward. I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Your right, however he may get a shot one day and do a Ruiz Jr , boxing does produce the odd underdog result .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It is.

Chisora Whyte Parker Povetkin all on PPV.

Dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It is.

Chisora Whyte Parker Povetkin all on PPV.

Dismal.
    Did you see Parker v Chisora? Parker looked way off.

Did you see Parker v Chisora? Parker looked way off.
    Parker just really isnt very good. Hype job. Built up when he fought Joshua. Bang average.

Better than the likes of Dominic Brezeale and Charles Martin though.

Yup. In theory, Fury should waste Wilder. He's beaten him twice and the 2nd fight was a massive beat down, I'm not sure that an opponent (wilder)has ever won a rematch after the tonking he took. My concern is fury, inactive, looking flabby and this covid thing. Maybe he wasn't expecting the rematch and isn't in great shape, although wilder hasn't fought sin the loss and he's 36 now.
    Is it covid or not training.. A lot of noise seems to suggest he isn't taking training seriously. He's really good at the PR though isn't he so people will fall under his charm and believe anything he says.

As for Joyce, he's grown on me, read someone who spared with him say "he looks slow but had great timing and measures every centimetre of the ring"
    Has potential to surprise. I'd edge on Joshua power in that fight, he will hit better than Takam and catch him more often.