+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: man city

man city

could still be in a bit of trouble over ffp etc.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/st...819661826?s=19

Re: man city

Hope they ride this out, the Premier League, apart from Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal, were desperate for those three’s stranglehold to be broken. Apart from Blackburn’s one season breaking of the monotony once, it took Man City to tear it up and since then there’s been two smaller clubs, Leicester & Liverpool, who’ve won it. It’s being stirred up, no doubt, by the aforementioned three who are horrified that someone has stepped on their toes. Massive investment like Man City has had was the only way the cosy club at the top could be upset. Would have loved their investors to have come to us, not only have they revived the club, they’ve rejuvenated a whole area of Manchester creating many, many jobs while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hope they ride this out, the Premier League, apart from Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal, were desperate for those three’s stranglehold to be broken. Apart from Blackburn’s one season breaking of the monotony once, it took Man City to tear it up and since then there’s been two smaller clubs, Leicester & Liverpool, who’ve won it. It’s being stirred up, no doubt, by the aforementioned three who are horrified that someone has stepped on their toes. Massive investment like Man City has had was the only way the cosy club at the top could be upset. Would have loved their investors to have come to us, not only have they revived the club, they’ve rejuvenated a whole area of Manchester creating many, many jobs while doing so.
    initially I liked man city shaking things up, but not any more, it only serves to increase the amount the premier League is addicted to more and more money. it comes from a horrendous regime, who are trying to buy respectability.

Liverpool are not a smaller club either, what an odd comment.

A club owned by country hey that works

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    initially I liked man city shaking things up, but not any more, it only serves to increase the amount the premier League is addicted to more and more money. it comes from a horrendous regime, who are trying to buy respectability.

This. I always respected Man City. But no longer. I'd like to see Everton shake it up. But they still have rich, foreign owners.

I'm pretty sure the latter was tongue in cheek, although having only won the EPL once, Liverpool are in many people's eyes on a par with Leicester and Blackburn these days.

Great to see too

I'd like a club not owned by foreign money to shake it up, c'mon Newcastle

Oh they are, as I love to remind the dedicated Cardiff born Liverpool diehards I encounter

Found the Liverpool fan, good work Steve

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd like a club not owned by foreign money to shake it up, c'mon Newcastle

Hmm, Ashley or Sheik Mansour

Hmm, Ashley or Sheik Mansour
    Oh , Bugger Forest Green then 😕

I'm not being xenophobic. It would just be nice to see a football club succeed without a giant corporation behind them. I suppose that's impossible now. Remember when you thought you could win the pools and but the City? Now could be a billionaire (which is an almost imaginable some of money) and it still wouldn't be enough.

Off the pitch football is becoming uglier - or at least we're becoming more aware of how it is ugly - while the level of talent on the pitch is becoming better.

But it does seems like fans are equally aggrieved by whatever path an owner follows (responsible ownership or massive spending) so not sure how an owner can win. Social media definitely makes the worst of the fanbase much more visible.

At least international football isn't 99% decided by who has stuck the most money in....oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. I always respected Man City. But no longer. I'd like to see Everton shake it up. But they still have rich, foreign owners.
    That’s, more or less, what I’m implying, it was needed, someone to unsettle those three, the first 19 seasons, only Blackburn bucked the trend. In the 10 seasons since Man City first won it, there’s been five different champions (no Arsenal). So yes, I’d like to see an Everton, West Ham or the like take the baton up now. But, unfortunately, it would take huge investment, but hey ho, that’s the way of things now (I say now, the wealthiest clubs have always been at the pinnacle really). But wouldn’t it be great to have 9,10,11 clubs battling it out. If it hadn’t have been for Man City winning the lottery would these last ten seasons still have seen Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal sharing the title around, who knows? If it had what a stale state the top flight would have been in. One thing though, as I’ve mentioned, Man City’s owners, as well as rejuvenating the club, have also poured a fair amount into the local community. They put their money where their mouth is while across the city the American owners are even content to see Old Trafford itself crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh , Bugger Forest Green then ��

I know they’re vegan, tree hugging, ecologically friendly etc but I’m sure they draw the line at buggery, still each to his own.

Two of the European Super League breakaways mentioned in this thread and, naming no names, with some 'admiration and affection' too. That should be a 24hr ban.

Seriously, have we all forgotten what Manchester City (and Liverpool) were going to do a few months ago?

As for Ashley or the Sheik - that's as horrific as boarding an Etihad flight wearing a Sports Direct tracksuit.

Give me a vegan pasty any day!

That’s, more or less, what I’m implying, it was needed, someone to unsettle those three, the first 19 seasons, only Blackburn bucked the trend. In the 10 seasons since Man City first won it, there’s been five different champions (no Arsenal). So yes, I’d like to see an Everton, West Ham or the like take the baton up now. But, unfortunately, it would take huge investment, but hey ho, that’s the way of things now (I say now, the wealthiest clubs have always been at the pinnacle really). But wouldn’t it be great to have 9,10,11 clubs battling it out. If it hadn’t have been for Man City winning the lottery would these last ten seasons still have seen Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal sharing the title around, who knows? If it had what a stale state the top flight would have been in. One thing though, as I’ve mentioned, Man City’s owners, as well as rejuvenating the club, have also poured a fair amount into the local community. They put their money where their mouth is while across the city the American owners are even content to see Old Trafford itself crumble.
    I think man city getting let off the hook for this makes it a lot less likely that anyone else will break into the top 4 in the next few years.
    if they get hammered and the billionaires lose interest then it's better for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Give me a vegan pasty any day!
    Be on your guard if you’re intending getting one at Forest Green, rumours of sodomy there, if you believe Life on Mars

I think man city getting let off the hook for this makes it a lot less likely that anyone else will break into the top 4 in the next few years.
    if they get hammered and the billionaires lose interest then it's better for everyone
    But is it? Without Sam Hammam’s dodgy money, then Vincent Tan’s input would we still be pissing about in the lower divisions or worse, playing at a derelict Ninian Park? We spent ridiculous money as a third tier side, £1.7m on Peter Thorne, £1m on Kav, £900,000 on Andy Campbell, Christ, even £400,000 on David Hughes. This was twenty years ago! As fans, we didn’t complain, well I didn’t, I loved us being high rollers (for our status). Money men will always get on board with football and if it’s your club and it brings success, the majority will enjoy the ride.

Be on your guard if you’re intending getting one at Forest Green, rumours of sodomy there, if you believe Life on Mars
    I'm pretty sure he was overcharged!