Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
That’s, more or less, what I’m implying, it was needed, someone to unsettle those three, the first 19 seasons, only Blackburn bucked the trend. In the 10 seasons since Man City first won it, there’s been five different champions (no Arsenal). So yes, I’d like to see an Everton, West Ham or the like take the baton up now. But, unfortunately, it would take huge investment, but hey ho, that’s the way of things now (I say now, the wealthiest clubs have always been at the pinnacle really). But wouldn’t it be great to have 9,10,11 clubs battling it out. If it hadn’t have been for Man City winning the lottery would these last ten seasons still have seen Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal sharing the title around, who knows? If it had what a stale state the top flight would have been in. One thing though, as I’ve mentioned, Man City’s owners, as well as rejuvenating the club, have also poured a fair amount into the local community. They put their money where their mouth is while across the city the American owners are even content to see Old Trafford itself crumble.
I think man city getting let off the hook for this makes it a lot less likely that anyone else will break into the top 4 in the next few years.
if they get hammered and the billionaires lose interest then it's better for everyone