+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruskies at the Olympics

Re: Ruskies at the Olympics

Poor show.

State sponsored doping is more than likely still going on.

How about the athletes who have missed out on medals because of them

Farcical in the extreme.

part of me thinks:

Let's see the governing body do what it can to combat homophobia and have these atheletes compete under a rainbow banner. Because let's be blunt- that would irritate the shit out of a lot of pig-ignorant Russians including a lot of those in power. But then it rather undermines the whole spirit of equality if you use the flag as a slur because of the ignorant way it will be received, and that doesn't really help anyone.

So I am back to banning the lot of them to be honest. Nation states still mean something even in the 21st century, and the one they have come from is rotten. Not their fault, but if you want to punish the State then you have to punish its citizens, because that might drive change.

I admit that my rather extreme views are affected by having had to deal with the frankly mob-like Russian state this week, as well as private organisations there who seemingly have absolutely no sense of right or wrong. It's a snake pit and I'm glad I rarely have to deal with it.

It’s wrong that Russian athletes are allowed to compete at all.
    It’s Russia but unofficial Russia?

Are the IOC as corrupt as FIFA?

Feedback

we should allow drugs just to see just how good the human body can really perform