+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool-Resort

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blackpool-Resort

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Used to be great years ago.
    We went every year when I was a kid - damp sheets in the b&b , candy floss and kiss me quick hats.
    A Show at the end of the pier and maybe the chance to see Sir Stanley Matthews play in n a Saturday.
    If Warnock was in charge at Blackpool, i might still have got the chance to see Sir Stanley, plying his trade out wide

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Warnock was in charge at Blackpool, i might still have got the chance to see Sir Stanley, plying his trade out wide
    I’ve told the story here before of how I travelled by train as a small kid on my own with sandwiches to see Sir Stan play in Blackpool.
    Different world now - so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I’ve told the story here before of how I travelled by train as a small kid on my own with sandwiches to see Sir Stan play in Blackpool.
    Different world now - so sad.
    I visited the old Bloomfield Rd, before it was redeveloped. Behind the goal with that steep terracing. 93 i think it was. We lost, again. I can remember a young fullback making his City debut, Ian Jones i think was the name-Merthyr lad? I don't think that we saw him again. Anyone remember him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I visited the old Bloomfield Rd, before it was redeveloped. Behind the goal with that steep terracing. 93 i think it was. We lost, again. I can remember a young fullback making his City debut, Ian Jones i think was the name-Merthyr lad? I don't think that we saw him again. Anyone remember him?
    I was there that game. Ian Jones is from Aberdare i think his son Taylor Jones is a good prospect at Cardiff at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I was there that game. Ian Jones is from Aberdare i think his son Taylor Jones is a good prospect at Cardiff at the moment?
    Got attacked by City fans in the car park behind the stand