+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool-Resort

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blackpool-Resort

Went every year, second weekend of October (the City against Blackpool sometimes coincided with that weekend), with a great crowd from St Albans & Bridgend Street, from about 1977 until 2000. Great times, until the place got too greedy and complacent, it became rundown without any sign of upgrading yet they expected people like us to turn up year in year out. It turned out to be cheaper to hit Benidorm Thursday to Tuesday instead of Blackpool Friday to Monday, and throw in the sunshine it became a no brainer. We got to meet the same bunches of people given that we went the same time every year and it was no surprise that we were bumping into them in Benidorm, as they had the same outlook as us. Sadly pre pandemic Benidorm slipped into making the same mistake as Blackpool and was gradually going downhill. Nevertheless I’m going up to Blackpool for a Northern Soul weekend in a few weeks, back for a day or two and then off to Benidorm, so I can do a right Judith Chalmers on how both resorts currently are. My reviews will be revealed on here during and after both trips, if Benidorm goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Went every year, second weekend of October (the City against Blackpool sometimes coincided with that weekend), with a great crowd from St Albans & Bridgend Street, from about 1977 until 2000. Great times, until the place got too greedy and complacent, it became rundown without any sign of upgrading yet they expected people like us to turn up year in year out. It turned out to be cheaper to hit Benidorm Thursday to Tuesday instead of Blackpool Friday to Monday, and throw in the sunshine it became a no brainer. We got to meet the same bunches of people given that we went the same time every year and it was no surprise that we were bumping into them in Benidorm, as they had the same outlook as us. Sadly pre pandemic Benidorm slipped into making the same mistake as Blackpool and was gradually going downhill. Nevertheless I’m going up to Blackpool for a Northern Soul weekend in a few weeks, back for a day or two and then off to Benidorm, so I can do a right Judith Chalmers on how both resorts currently are. My reviews will be revealed on here during and after both trips, if Benidorm goes ahead.

Can they be with paragraphs please.

It's hard to read "one big splodge"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can they be with paragraphs please.

It's hard to read "one big splodge"

Splodge Parker says ‘Get your eyes tested’