Thread: Blackpool-Resort

Re: Blackpool-Resort

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can they be with paragraphs please.

It's hard to read "one big splodge"

Splodge Parker says ‘Get your eyes tested’

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Grampy chav gangs just made me spit out my coffee with laughter. Absolute quality!
    Glad I made you laugh matey, but I think you know what I mean. Groups of blokes in the 50s and 60s pissed up and staggering everywhere, being extremely loud rude, crude and obnoxious. It's bad enough when boys in their late teens and early 20s behave like this, but blokes of a certain age should know far better. Sadly, Blackpool seems to attract this kind of person. Well it did the evening we were there, and this was September. I dread to think what it is like during July and August

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It's chav central. Took my daughter there for the evening when she was in Uni. Never again. Gang after gang of chavvies, and not just teenage chavvies either, dad chavs and grampy chav gangs too. The worst seaside resort I have visited in the UK without a shadow of doubt.
    this.
    Surely there are better places to take your kids?
    Black pool is simply awful.

If Warnock was in charge at Blackpool, i might still have got the chance to see Sir Stanley, plying his trade out wide
    I’ve told the story here before of how I travelled by train as a small kid on my own with sandwiches to see Sir Stan play in Blackpool.
    Different world now - so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I’ve told the story here before of how I travelled by train as a small kid on my own with sandwiches to see Sir Stan play in Blackpool.
    Different world now - so sad.
    I visited the old Bloomfield Rd, before it was redeveloped. Behind the goal with that steep terracing. 93 i think it was. We lost, again. I can remember a young fullback making his City debut, Ian Jones i think was the name-Merthyr lad? I don't think that we saw him again. Anyone remember him?

I visited the old Bloomfield Rd, before it was redeveloped. Behind the goal with that steep terracing. 93 i think it was. We lost, again. I can remember a young fullback making his City debut, Ian Jones i think was the name-Merthyr lad? I don't think that we saw him again. Anyone remember him?
    I was there that game. Ian Jones is from Aberdare i think his son Taylor Jones is a good prospect at Cardiff at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I was there that game. Ian Jones is from Aberdare i think his son Taylor Jones is a good prospect at Cardiff at the moment?
    Got attacked by City fans in the car park behind the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    this.
    Surely there are better places to take your kids?
    Black pool is simply awful.
    It's for the theme park, Looking like a day trip as it stands!

we did it a few years back, its fine in the day, but late afternoon it does get messy with hen / stag do's and just groups of wrecked people, it didnt really bother my girls though, we has booked in the Prem inn for the night, but realised it was ram packed with groups, who we guessed might be noisy at night, so changed it to Manchester airport ( its was closer to Alton Towers and i knew it has a massive Mall with great food places next door to it )

my advice, have the day at Blackpool, get to the evening and bugger off, Drive to a Prem Inn closer to Alton Towers, as i said above we decided on man airport, we spent the next day At Alton Towers, did the bounce back deal ( its a 10er for the next day ) we then stayed another night at Strafford North Sptifire Prem Inn ) and then had the 2nd day at Alton Towers and drove home after a day at the park, its a long 3 days though