+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City finish 8th for 21/22 season

City finish 8th for 21/22 season

Re: City finish 8th for 21/22 season

I think I would take that if we blooded some youngsters and went some way to sorting our central midfield problems.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think I would take that if we blooded some youngsters and went some way to sorting our central midfield problems.
    I despair of ever getting our midfield sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I despair of ever getting our midfield sorted.
    It is the glaringly obvious area to be attended to every pre season and every season we put a plaster over a gaping wound.

Swansea in 5th? They've no manager and have lost Ayew, Guehi, Woodman, Hourihane and set to lose Grimes

Too early for analysis like this. Anything before the 1st of August is click-bait.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Too early for analysis like this. Anything before the 1st of August is click-bait.
    *sees that Not the 20 podcast is doing there's before this date and wishes to edit without losing the overall point.*

If Swansea finish 5th, I'd be amazed. We won't finish 8th either but we won't be any trouble. Next season however...

It’s been predicted by a super computer algorithm?

It’s basically just aggregated betting odds

We all know half them are a load of crap anyway

Considering we're 7th at the moment, that seems reasonable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It is the glaringly obvious area to be attended to every pre season and every season we put a plaster over a gaping wound.
    Yes it's a problem, but for the last few windows we've had bigger problems to address we just haven't been able to.

We appear to have 2 teenagers in contention for the left wing back spot, with a handful of games between them.
    We have 1 right wing back, and some other players who can fill in there.

These are KEY positions for this formation.

We've lost 3 senior wingers/attacking mids in Ojo, Hoilet and Wilson and brought in 1 in Giles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes it's a problem, but for the last few windows we've had bigger problems to address we just haven't been able to.

We appear to have 2 TEENAGERS in contention for the left wing back spot, with a handful of games between them.

We've lost 3 senior wingers/attacking mids in Ojo, Hoilet and Wilson and brought in 1 in Giles.

"You can't win anything with kids" !

I wonder who said that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Swansea finish 5th, I'd be amazed. We won't finish 8th either but we won't be any trouble. Next season however...
    Been sh*t or bust for almost as long as I can recall now….it just is what it is, even when we win promotion we lost millions. You got to wonder, what’s the point in it…..

My mate who's a QPR fan is quietly confident for them this year. I also don't see them finishing 13th!

As for us, of the football on the pitch improves and we're not drawn into aging hoof ball to secure points in games and we blood a few kids ill be happy with 8th. I'd take a top 12 finish if we improved the above.

We're we deducted points ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We appear to have 2 teenagers in contention for the left wing back spot, with a handful of games between them.

I'm confident we have enough Championship experience to be safe this year, in frustrating fashion, but the real challenge is how to ensure this sentence isn't being said again next summer when our budget will be as small/smaller again.

Ciaron Brown comes into this season with 12 games Championship experience and aim should be to at least match this for Bagan, Colwill, Evans, Bowen and Davies.

A backwards step would be using Brown as a LWB and then spending money next year with these names never getting to 12 games with us.

If we finish 8th and get 4 points from the Jacks and the Wurzels, I'll do something stupid. Name it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If we finish 8th and get 4 points from the Jacks and the Wurzels, I'll do something stupid. Name it.
    Jog naked around Central Park

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Jog naked around Central Park
    I think that's pretty standard behaviour at certain times of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tattoo of trump