+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd vaccine blues

2nd vaccine blues

I had my second jab yesterday afternoon and did feel a bit anxious immediately after it which settled towards an hour or two after having it - I'm not keen on anything medical...

This morning, I felt a bit tired (as if I wasn't ready for the day) but as the day has gone on, I feel very achy and a bit light-headed. I've had proper flu twice before (not a heavy cold) and I feel similar to how I did building up to those times.

Another thing though is that I feel depressed today.

It was the second Pfizer jab.

I'm not breathless or anything like that though. My breathing & heart rate is normal.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: 2nd vaccine blues

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I had my second jab yesterday afternoon and did feel a bit anxious immediately after it which settled towards an hour or two after having it - I'm not keen on anything medical...

This morning, I felt a bit tired (as if I wasn't ready for the day) but as the day has gone on, I feel very achy and a bit light-headed. I've had proper flu twice before (not a heavy cold) and I feel similar to how I did building up to those times.

I'm not breathless or anything like that though. My breathing & heart rate is normal.

Had two AZ vaccines and was very ill after my first (only for 48 hours).
    Second one was fine

I had my second jab on April 29th. I had already booked the day off. My legs ached a little bit but that could have been normal fatigue. I grew up with my grandparents and never understood the "aches and pains" thing. Now I totally get it. You should hear the noises I make getting off the couch.

A trainee nurse I know (and who has vaccinated patients) told me that the first AZ jab was more likely to have side-effects than the follow-up jab but the opposite is the case with the Pfizer one.

Unwell after 1st dose, similar to the couple of times I've had proper flu but symptoms disappeared as quickly as they had appeared after couple of days of having to lay down.

Slightly sore arm on the 2nd. Not sure why some are more affected by the 1st or 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A trainee nurse I know (and who has vaccinated patients) told me that the first AZ jab was more likely to have side-effects than the follow-up jab but the opposite is the case with the Pfizer one.
    Exactly how it worked for me with the AZ jab.

I felt a bit leaden and faint almost 24 hours after the first AZ jab, but it passed in about 20 minutes. That was it. No reaction at all to the second jab.

Only had the one jab (Pfizer), knocked me for six. Unfortunately I caught COVID last year which put me on my ring for the best part of a fortnight. The days after the jab felt like the second week of having the illness after the days long fever subsided and you’re left completely knackered. Also my arm was different shades of dead for the rest of the week.

Looking forward to the second jab! 😅

I think the side effects happen when Bill Gates logs in to start up the mind control package. Bloody illuminati !

Echo the comments about az being worse after 1st and pfizer after 2nd. Got my second pfizer on the weekend. Not looking forward to the side effects, but I'd rather hem than covid. Hope you feel better soon

I had my first Pfizer vaccine and then had a dissection of an artery in my neck. Having done a bit of googling, more recently I've found more cases of this around the world. A coincidence? Who knows but I think the vaccine could well be the next PPI claim trend.

Had both jabs - AZ I think - didn't really look
    Didn't feel a thing
    Didn't have any side effects in and out within 2 mins both times

Some people I know took a week off work - I'm sure they were worried about their mental health as well or something or other

Haven't had a day off since this whole thing started neither have the guys who work for us. Been 13 months since my last holiday. Hoping for 3 days off in October

They say you are more likely to feel unwell after your 2nd Pfizer, where as more likely to be ill after your first AZ.

I was pretty ill after my first AZ

2nd Pfizer jab felt I had flu about 12hrs after it.
    It lasted for 24 hrs then I was fine.

Thanks all, I've had a kip since I posted and feel a bit better.

I hear some people did, my wife is 44 and was flu like for about 3 days after 2nd Pfizer jab….most people I know who were rough was after the first AZ jab

Thanks all, I've had a kip since I posted and feel a bit better.
    Basic paracetamol worked for most….

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    They say you are more likely to feel unwell after your 2nd Pfizer, where as more likely to be ill after your first AZ.

I was pretty ill after my first AZ
    Yeah a guy I know even had rectal bleeding

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They did put the needle in his arm did they?

My second pfeizer jab hit me for six. Fine for the day or so after but 3-4 days after I just couldn’t stay awake. Basically fell asleep at my desk for 4 hours last weds.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Didn't feel a thing

Some people I know took a week off work - I'm sure they were worried about their mental health as well or something or other

Haven't had a day off since this whole thing started neither have the guys who work for us. Been 13 months since my last holiday. Hoping for 3 days off in October
    If you’re a certain age, you became used to having vaccinations when you were under ten. Maybe that’s why they’ve never bothered me - I remember the BCG was feared by some, but I can’t recall any of my schoolmates having too big a problem with it. You try and see things from the other person’s point of view, but I just don’t get the anti vaxer viewpoint or why someone would take a week off work when they were vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Jeezz I got away likely, mine was more like the worst flu I can remember having, last a few days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Didn't feel a thing

I'm the same, 2 AZ jabs no issues, my wife and the boy have both had 2 pfizer wiht no effects either. Mind you my missus is convinced she has had covid about 6 times.... along with every other complaint she reads about on the web or her friends whatsapp her about

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Jeezz I got away likely, mine was more like the worst flu I can remember having, last a few days.
    Yeah he said he thought he was dying about 4am, no sleep, sweating profusely, shaking and then blood in the pan after the shits…..
    All gone though in 24 hrs…..sounds like a heavy pill in the rave days to me

Sore right arm , mostly below the wrist

Right arm

Having said that it's normally like that

I had no problems after either jab yet know plenty of people who felt awful afterwards. It’s really odd how it hits some people but not others.