Months and months ago I imagined that I’d be buzzing to get back in the ground to watch the City again, how wrong I was. Didn’t go last night and, worryingly, didn’t care too much. I do consider myself a dedicated fan who’s never needed motivation to get down the City, even in the dark dungeon days, I loved it, as, I imagine the majority of posters on here do.

If I’m feeling this lethargic about it I dread to think how the less enthusiastic followers are approaching it. The club seem to be acting the same as well, club shop rarely open, we’ve heard that only one full time person + one part timer are staffing the ticket office, all interaction with fans conducted at ‘online arm’s length’. All this within a multi million pound concern. I’m getting my info on here most of the time, there’s very little PR or pre season, indeed post ‘closed doors’, fanfare coming out of the club, it’s so low key when, during the height of the pandemic, I imagined the imminent return would herald a massive publicity campaign.

Either I need to buck up and get back to some sort of normal or the club needs to show that they give a f*ck.