I'm trying to get 2 for myself and grandson to attend the Newport game as I'm only in the country for a few days more.

I'm trying hard, to the point where I was referred by 'queries@cardiffcityfc.co.uk' to the ticket office. I sent them a polite email yesterday outlining my problem and asked for help in getting tickets as all online efforts had failed.

Here is their reply this morning:-

"Thanks for your email

I can see that you have set up an account and have a fan number, but unfortunately for the friendlies you would need to have bought a ticket in the last 5 years also everyone in the party your trying to book for would need to have also attended previous games.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office Team"

My reply goes:-

"That’s alright then, when I was in Wales at this time of year previously when I took the grandson to see City play Real Betis in a pre-season game prior to the team’s last adventure in the Premier League.

I’m not sure why your records don’t show that but it’s a fact.

I purchase Club TV season tickets every year and have done so already for 21/22. I’ve attended games at Ninian Park since the late 1950’s and was present when City beat Villa 1-0 in April, 1960 to clinch promotion to the First Division. I was at the Real Madrid game, play-off game at the Millennium Stadium, FA Cup semi-final and final in 2008 – it’s bit rich to now tell me I don’t qualify for a friendly game.

But, as I say, I and my grandson bought tickets to see Real Betis 3 years ago.

So how can you help me purchase an adult and a junior for Saturday’s game please?"

What are my chances?