+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Olympics Tokyo 2020

Olympics Tokyo 2020

Still can’t understand how squash and netball aren’t in the Olympics

GB are doing well so far

Not sure how I’d feel about Wales competing on it’s own

Always enjoy watching the niche sports - Fencing, Water Polo etc

Re: Olympics Tokyo 2020

Mainly been watching badminton and table tennis. The top seeds are a different breed.

Also been watching a lot of the swimming and the times have been slower across the board. Don’t think we’ve had a single WR yet? I wonder whether it’s COVID messing up training or the fact that most of the big names have retired. They’re also doing finals in the morning and heats in the evening when it’s usually the other way round.

Absolutely loved seeing this reaction the other day - https://twitter.com/lewiscoombes/sta...628301825?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Mainly been watching badminton and table tennis. The top seeds are a different breed.

Also been watching a lot of the swimming and the times have been slower across the board. Don’t think we’ve had a single WR yet? I wonder whether it’s COVID messing up training or the fact that most of the big names have retired. They’re also doing finals in the morning and heats in the evening when it’s usually the other way round.

Absolutely loved seeing this reaction the other day - https://twitter.com/lewiscoombes/sta...628301825?s=21

Swimming finals in the morning because of US television

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Team Tom

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Still can’t understand how squash and netball aren’t in the Olympics

GB are doing well so far

Not sure how I’d feel about Wales competing on it’s own

Always enjoy watching the niche sports - Fencing, Water Polo etc
    I don't think squash and netball are played to a high enough level in enough countries for it to be included.
    They're both very popular within commonwealth countries but beyond that they're not played alot. Similar argument for cricket and bowls.