+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Limiting headers in training

Limiting headers in training

Re: Limiting headers in training

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I’ll not be around to find out whether City, with their aerial approach and emphasis on set pieces, will have more players who have problems in later life than other clubs.

Our players will be happy only 1 session a week

Let them head a frigging leather ball from the 60's, on a wet Saturday afternoon at Splott Park. !!

Right on the lace as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Let them head a frigging leather ball from the 60's, on a wet Saturday afternoon at Splott Park. !!

Those were the days and the day, early 60s on a snow swept pitch Peter Donnely, arms flayling like a demented Tic Tac bookie, one arm in a plaster cast delivering the ball and Gordon Banks into The Canton end net , goal then, today, red card and an ABH charge, aye those were the days, luved emm!!!

I've said this before, but you'd think that there would be an awful lot more ex-footballers dying with dementia or Alzheimers, than there appears to be. Or perhaps we only hear about the big names from the past. And also, a lot of old people die that way, and so it stands to reason that some of them will be ex-footballers. I'm sure it does affect people (heading the ball), but it's like a lot of things - it only seems to affect certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ll not be around to find out whether City, with their aerial approach and emphasis on set pieces, will have more players who have problems in later life than other clubs.
    More likely opposition defenders having to head away all those aimless crosses..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    More likely opposition defenders having to head away all those aimless crosses..
    You never miss an opportunity to have a go do you. Its getting totally boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Aimless crosses.?

Plenty to knock about our style but not set plays. We are very good at them. If not the best in the league.

In open play I dont really see many aimless crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Aimless crosses.?

Plenty to knock about our style but not set plays. We are very good at them. If not the best in the league.

In open play I dont really see many aimless crosses.
    We scored 25 goals from set pieces, around 10 more than anyone else in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We scored 25 goals from set pieces, around 10 more than anyone else in the Championship.
    How many aimless balls did they have to defend away for us to actually score 25?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You never miss an opportunity to have a go do you. Its getting totally boring now.
    What the * are you on about ?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Bring back ... hanging, corporal punishment in schools, casual racism in TV comedies, page 3*, cars with choke, rickets, smoking in pubs ...

* Do they still have that?