+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New owners ?

New owners ?

If the assembled squad starts getting hammered 5-0 every game, as is quite a possibility to be frank and realistic, then it won’t take Sri Vincent Tan long to start losing most of his considerable investment.

He’s not daft, so what’s happening here ?

Is he perhaps balancing the books as much as possible and minimising further investment because he’s already agreed a deal with someone. I know that a big deal on this fell over a little while back, so maybe this explains recent developments?

Re: New owners ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    If the assembled squad starts getting hammered 5-0 every game, as is quite a possibility to be frank and realistic, then it won’t take Sri Vincent Tan long to start losing most of his considerable investment.

Is he perhaps balancing the books as much as possible and minimising further investment because he’s already agreed a deal with someone. I know that a big deal on this fell over a little while back, so maybe this explains recent developments?
    We are a team that finished 8th last season. Wilson apart, we haven’t lost much quality. We aren’t going to be losing 5-0 each week.

We aren’t spending much, no one outside the top teams are due to COVID. It is just being sensible. If a good offer came in then I’m sure Vincent would sell but I very much doubt anyone is crazy enough to buy a football club for a decent amount of money currently

When you’re 13 you’ll realise how stupid that post is!

Gosh. You do get some very rude people here occasionally. Having said that , and on a much more positive note, awful unnecessarily insulting posts like that DO seem to be becoming less common.
    I was 13 so long ago that there was still rationing, as most will know. That aside, I do hope that there are no real youngsters getting on the wrong side of your swaggering dismissiveness or being made to feel small by you in order to make you feel important.

In fact, the post was intended as a starting point for conversation and if the subject matter doesn’t interest you for whatever reason then I do wonder why you felt moved to comment at all.

Who would buy us? A consortium led by Ridsdale? Or Billy liar and his langston buddies to return to make an even bigger mess than before..

He's been around a little while so could be quite close to the truth. Given Covid a lot of clubs aren't spending so will be interesting to see how Cardiff do this year.

We've signed 4 players this summer (one on loan) which puts us in the top half of most active Championship clubs. Everyone is looking at balancing the books after covid, Fulham aside.

We're finally investing in youth/future of this club so really weird time to want him to go.

How do you know there was a big deal recently that fell through? Seriously, how do you know that?

A fit Tomlin playing like he did the tail end of the season before last had far more impact than Harry Wilson, I like the club bringing through youth rather than wasting huge sums on madines or glatzels….he can’t keep bank rolling us to the tune he has.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How do you know there was a big deal recently that fell through? Seriously, how do you know that?
    Yep, how do you know this Ronnie?

Don’t KNOW it at all in fairness. I read it in the Malaysian press whilst trying to trawl for details and background about the new financial guy they’d appointed.
    According to that the deal included ALL the football clubs he owned. Now it SEEMED like a credible financial newspaper, but of course you’re right it might have been the Malay version of the Sun.

Further to that though, you get some sense of whether it’s serious journalism or not don’t you?
    Could be wrong certainly but as I said before it’s only idle speculation and gossip .

Further to that though, you get some sense of whether it’s serious journalism or not don’t you?
    Could be wrong certainly but as I said before it’s only idle speculation and gossip .
    I think everyone would find a link handy. Unless you look at so many Malaysian newspapers that it'll be hard to check your history?

Talk about a dumb post, this has to be the dumbest ever.

If the assembled squad starts getting hammered 5-0 every game, as is quite a possibility to be frank and realistic…..
    Given the blatant paucity of genuine quality in the Championship right now, what evidence has led you to reach this conclusion? Who are the teams you believe are capable of hammering City 5-0?

Getting hammered 5-0 every game is realistic?

Frank and realistic does not sit well with the rest of that post. Whatiffery at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Getting hammered 5-0 every game is realistic?
    Just what I was thinking, even County weren't losing 5-0 every week when they had to field what seemed to be a bunch of parks players. I can't think of any side in the Football League that have got hammered (out on the pitch that is ) every week.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just what I was thinking, even County weren't losing 5-0 every week when they had to field what seemed to be a bunch of parks players. I can't think of any side in the Football League that have got hammered (out on the pitch that is ) every week.
    Maybe it was meant for the Tosh thread

5 nil hammering every game?
    Stop being a drama queen

Genuine classic. Should be a sticky.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Genuine classic. Should be a sticky.

��������������
    Wasn’t Ronnie suspected to be a peg dweller from the western provinces anyway?

Well you know it’s not an unreasonable fear.
    Of course I hope this squad can work , and it’s possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they can’t manage then there’s no Plan B. We can’t buy anyone till January and it’s not as if we’ve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

This is like a long road trip without a spare tyre.

Of course I hope this squad can work , and it’s possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they can’t manage then there’s no Plan B. We can’t buy anyone till January and it’s not as if we’ve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

Judging from responses so far, no-one else has such a fear.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's a shame it's bullshit: I was getting excited about the prospect of Tan selling up.