+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: very O/T: plant based food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: very O/T: plant based food

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Interesting , That would certainly explain it

Luckily I'm not a veggie, just trying to cut down on meat. Only way I can eat quorn mince is by adding a couple of beef oxos !!
    quorn mince with beef oxo's that made me chuckle

it caused a bit of a uproar in the vegan world when it launched, thats why the Royale is labelled Vegan On the menu next to the plant based whopper it has a * and in very small print its stated its cooked with the meat

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    quorn mince with beef oxo's that made me chuckle

it caused a bit of a uproar in the vegan world when it launched, thats why the Royale is labelled Vegan On the menu next to the plant based whopper it has a * and in very small print its stated its cooked with the meat
    Yeah, Quorn mince (as in the actual brand Quorn) is terrible. That's what I mean about them being hit or miss. Some of their stuff is great and the rest isn't.

I've only been a veggie for five years but so much new stuff has come on the market in that time. When I started, it was pretty much Quorn or Linda McCartney only.

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yeah, Quorn mince (as in the actual brand Quorn) is terrible. That's what I mean about them being hit or miss. Some of their stuff is great and the rest isn't.

I've only been a veggie for five years but so much new stuff has come on the market in that time. When I started, it was pretty much Quorn or Linda McCartney only.
    Given the chance which would you rather eat? Quorn or Linda?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Given the chance which would you rather eat? Quorn or Linda?
    Linda will probably have gone off by now .

The boxes were more tasty than her sausages back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Linda will probably have gone off by now .

The boxes were more tasty than her sausages back in the day.
    The boxes were more tasty than her...

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Quorn mince is just like Tofu in that it tastes of whatever you cook it in. The Cottage Pie I'll cook today or tomorrow will be made with vegetable stock and plenty of Worcester Sauce and herbs - I daresay the taste would be considered too strong for a Cottage Pie by many.